“A Hidden Jewel” 4 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Hidden Jewel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

JAX Beach is now my new home after many years living in Colorado. I am amazed at the warmth and caring in this community -- for each other and for the beaches. Many lovely spots to enjoy and good food, festivals, and music abound. It is one of the most surprising places when one takes the time to explore its wonders for folks of all ages.

3 Thank Resident2012

ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Having never really heard about Jacksonville Beach but looking for a restaurant by the ocean, we decided to drive over here. Though we didn't go on the beach itself or in the water, from what we saw of this area it was awesome. Restaurants, bars, shops, the whole area was just very pretty and we were quite impressed. Would definitely return if in the area in the future.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank girlcat
Saratoga, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Reminds me of Virginia Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Clean, powder sand, beautiful sunrise and sunset. Everything you'd want in a beach. Public access as well as hotel beach front.

1 Thank Donitta21
Atlanta, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“First but not last time to Jacksonville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We enjoyed visiting Jacksonville Beach, and exploring. We especially enjoyed walking on and around the Jacksonville Beach Park (with large sand animal "sculptures" and a beautiful metal sculpture of a diver on a dolphin) and Pier. The beach is large and wide, and there were many different activities we plan to engage in on our next trip, which will be a longer stay than two short days. We enjoyed our short and sweet time while there.

Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Enjoyed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I visited the beach twice during the weekend I stayed in Jacksonville. One time a little after sunset, the other time it was completely dark. The weather was nice and the water was ok. Moderate temperature. Wasn't too clear, but wasn't horrible either. There were a lot of waves, but it didn't bother me at all. It was pretty fun, in my opinion. The beach itself was clean for the most part. I did see spots that had dog feces (Owners didn't pick up after them). Other than that, it's a decent beach. I would recommend Cleawater Beach over this one hands down, but I still enjoyed my time there.