“Ocean is too wavy in that area”
Review of Jacksonville Beach

Jacksonville Beach
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We spent 10 days on that beach. It was a nice break from everyday life, but:
1. Ocean is VERY wavy - not fun for younger kids ( and was actually too strong for me too)
2. Perfect for buggy-boarding and all kind of 'boarding" sports.
3. Wonderful white sand
4. Water was too chilly for my liking (while air T-re was in high 90')
5. Water there was OK - but not too clear...
6. There is no boardwalk and no activities for kids.
Overall: it is a wonderful weekend getaway for locals but for vacations I would definitely choose different Florida's beach.
I would go again because I loved spending time there with my friends, but we enjoyed Clear Water/ St. Petersburg's beaches much much more.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone but of all the beaches I have visited in Florida this one seems to be the least crowded and open for everyone. There is a good bit of public parking, which is BTW free. The beach itself is very wide and as you get closer to the water it is usually very compact and easy to walk on. I always enjoy getting here despite the long drive to get here.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Even though it was Labor Day, there was hardly anyone on the beach. My kids were able to have a great time at the beach without all of the stress of crowds. The beach is clean, beautiful and easy to access. Lots of great eating places around there as well

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've never been to Jacksonville before this trip. I'm not sure if it was just a bad day with weather or if the beach here is always so blah.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

.. but can't say it is not crowded. Labor day is one of those days, so no time for relaxing. Water is not the clearest. To walk the pier it is 1$, to fish 4$ .. why do they take money for that???