“Oh Florida in March!”
Review of Jacksonville Beach

Reviewed March 16, 2013

It was a busy weekend, on St. Patricks weekend, but we found free parking and my sister and I enjoyed walking the beach at low tide. The water was cold, but great! The beach was totally clean of any trash. They only problem I could see was there were no restrooms around which caused us to have to leave before we were ready. Come one people. A portajohn would have been good.

2  Thank Sandra B
"condo"
"bike"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I guess I'm a beach snob because I've spent a lot of time in Sanibel and I don't think that place can be beat. However, Jacksonville Beach was a nice clean beach and it was about 6 hours closer to our home for a short adventure. March was still a little early (it was cool) but you never know when you're going to have a quick heat wave. The beach is nice and wide at low tide. Not much to work with at high tide. We stayed north of the pier right at the edge of Neptune Beach. There wasn't much traffic or "spring break" business which was fine with us. There was a homeless person living on the beach it appeared. He was there the first 3 days and we were a bit surprised that it must be OK with the local law enforcement. He did not bother people, just danced in the waves. On the 4th day he was gone, so I'm not sure if he is a regular or not. The area around A1A was nice and businesses seemed to be doing well. We would go back. Another time of year may bring a whole different kind of experience!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have visited the Jax Beach area for a weekend getaway from Boston three times in the past two years and I love it! The town is small with a local feel, you can walk quickly to Atlantic and Neptune beaches which have a variety of shopping and eating options, and the beach is great. In the winter be warned that you may not be getting the extremely hot weather you hope for in Florida but there is enough to do in the area that you could make the most of it,.

1  Thank becknuts
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This beach was fun, especially walking out the pier and interacting with the seagulls and pelicans. It's fun to watch them watching the fishermen cleaning their fish. They wait patiently to see if they are going to get anything. There were surfers out the day we went and someone had made some very interesting "sand figures", specifically a dolphin, sea turtle and mermaid. The cost as a pedestrian on the pier is very reasonable, especially since we didn't have to pay for parking. I would have uploaded a pic of the “sand figures” but TA website would not let me.