“Can't wait to go again”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Metro Diner

The Metro Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Can't wait to go again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our server was great! Knowledgeable and attentive. I ordered the Charleston shrimp and grit cakes, I almost have no words to describe how good that dish was. Fantastic! My husband had Yo Hala on the Square, he loved it. When we ordered the server made us aware that we could get a half order. Turned out that was all we could handle. We saw all the plates coming out of the kitchen and everything was HUGE. I sincerely thank her for letting us know about the half order, this way we could eat what we got and didn't feel like we were wasting food or money. Like I said, the food was just FANTASTIC! Don't miss a great breakfast!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jaxgrl2011
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Jaxgrl2011, I want to sincerely thank you for coming in and joining us at our Jacksonville Beach location. We are so grateful to have such wonderful guests who thoroughly enjoy each dish and service. Yes, our portions are extremely delicious, so now you know you can order a whole order if you ever want to take home leftovers! (I always love leftovers!) Come and try out our lunch menu the next chance you get! You won't be disappointed in that department either! :)

Asheville, North Carolina
“Not as impressed as I thought I would be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This restaurant has great reviews- we were all disappointed. WE had breakfast, the corned beef hash was not as great as other home made corn beef hash I had at other restaurants. The pancakes were gummy like and difficult to cut without a knife along with being tasteless, and my nieces hot chocolate was lukewarm and tasted instant. We will not go back there again- it is not all it is cracked up to be.

Visited July 2014
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Marie R, I am very shocked and disappointed to hear that your experience was not a successful and perfect one. Our corned beef hash is a favorite for many of our guests and its consistency with being homemade is highly recommended. Did you order the Bissell Breakfast as well? We make plenty of pancakes throughout the day; perhaps they were on the grill for a time longer than normal. I personally love our pancakes, especially when you add chocolate chips and bananas! I'd love for you to give us a second chance and try some of our favorites, or even check out our lunch menu! We'll make sure your experience is delicious and exactly what you want!
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Great selection and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Family that lives in Jacksonville recommended we try this restaurant for breakfast. We were not disappointed. Service was prompt, large selection and excellent food. Bacon was crisp but not hard, over easy eggs were perfect. My wife had Croissant French Toast which was outstanding also. Highly recommend breakfast at this restaurant.

Visited July 2014
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Gary H, thank you so much for stopping in during your stay in Jacksonville. We pride ourselves with quick and exceptional service to complement our extensive menu full of both traditional and unique breakfast and lunch options. Next time you're in Jacksonville Beach, please stop by and see us again! I'd love for you to try one of our lunch favorites and tell me what you think!
“Finally got in! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Made it in finally! Morning after July 4th made it in for breakfast and was so happy! It was so awesome!!!!! Food was great and so was the service!

Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Krobersonbussey, I'm so glad you finally made it! It's so refreshing to hear that your first experience was so positive and pleasant! Next time, try our lunch during the week if you have a chance with your schedule! It's not as hectic as the weekend and we have some enormous and delicious sandwiches that we offer. Hope to see you again soon!
Florida
“Breakfast ... and so much more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

First time visit to the Metro, and was not disappointed. The Diner offers something for everyone. All their items on the menu are reasonably priced and the service is quick and friendly. We needed time to read the menu, as each item is deliciously described, which made for a difficult decision. I had the Creamed Chipped Beef (SOS) @ $8.49, and received a hardy portion. The rest of our friends made different selections, and all said their's was very tasty. Order accordingly, because the portions are large. We arrived on a Saturday morning (8:30 am), and found a parking space in the large parking lot. Although the Diner has a large seating area, it's a popular place, so If you arrive after 9 am, expect to wait a bit for a table to open up. The Metro serves lunch as well, and the menu provides a large selection. Hope this helps you, for your first visit.

• Visited July 2014
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
FLWorldwanderer, we appreciate your visit to our Jacksonville Beach location! Nice choice on the creamed chipped beef! It's homemade and definitely a popular item sold daily. You are most certainly right about our portions! They are quite generous indeed, which makes for even better leftovers! Come join us again and try out our lunch menu. I'm sure you'll be just as pleased as you were with breakfast!