“Love the Metro Diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Metro Diner

The Metro Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brick NJ
“Love the Metro Diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I love going to the Metro Diner when we visit our daughter in Jacksonville. A couple of favorites are the steak salad and the shrimp and grits. It is a good value and a lot of food (usually enough to take home for another meal.) However, you do not sacrifice quality for quantity....food is always good, and staff are very accommodating. A fun place! Try it when you are in Jacksonville Beach...you won't be disappointed!

Visited March 2014
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
ssg216, you are spot on with the choices you have made here at Metro Diner! Not only are they some of your favorites, but they are definitely the most popular and some of my favorites, too! We have some unique and tasty specials during the weekend, so next time you're in, try one of those creations! You won't be disappointed! We look forward to you guys joining us again at our Jacksonville Beach location next time you're here visiting your daughter!

Pensacola, Florida
“Round two”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We came back to The Metro in April. Went during the week for breakfast so there was no wait to be seated.

We went simple this time with an egg breakfast, breakfast sandwich and biscuit and gravy. everything was amazing again. Even the coffee is great. Sttrrrooonnngg coffee.

This place is a must visit each time we come into town.

Thank you Metro Diner for making great food and creating a unique experience.

1 Thank 1foodie19890
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
1foodie19890, thank you so much for joining us again at our Jacksonville Beach location! We appreciate your visit each time you're in town. Have you tried any of our Metro favorites? Next time you're in the area, come for a weekend visit and try sitting at the counter! We have incredible specials throughout the weekend and dining at the counter is like watching a show! You'll be amazed at what the guys can do and the speed at which they do it! I look forward to seeing you again!!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Tasty food, big servings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

For a hearty breakfast, brunch, or lunch, this is a good choice. Open 6:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m., Metro Diner serves both breakfast and lunch items all day. We ordered from the very appealing breakfast menu, which included omelets, French toast, waffles, benedicts, breakfast burritos, and more. The breakfast pie ($8.49, $9.99 with bacon)—layered red potatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, eggs, cheese, bacon—was a delicious balance of well-cooked ingredients (no half-cooked potatoes or runny eggs) and included a choice of bread (white, wheat, multigrain, rye, biscuit, English muffin). The Tuscan omelet ($7.99) was stuffed with sliced Italian sausage (not greasy), provolone cheese, sautéed peppers and onions, and topped with a marinara sauce. Portions are very generous; both leftovers reheated nicely at home the next day. We had been warned about a possible long line, but at 11:45 on a Tuesday, Metro Diner was not crowded. We sat at one of six outdoor tables (overlooking the parking lot). Inside many customers were eating hearty sandwiches of various types. One small glitch, perfectly handled by Stefani, our friendly, attentive server: not a big fan of mushrooms, I asked if they could be left out of the skillet. Our food was delivered hot from the kitchen by another server, who verified “skillet, no mushrooms” as he placed the bowl in front of me. Under the layers of cheese and egg I discovered mushrooms—not dominating; I decided not to send the dish back. When I told Stefani, she apologized, offered to replace the dish (even though I had already eaten much of it), and advised her manager, who came to our table to apologize and make sure we were happy. Because I enjoyed the dish and did not complain as soon as I spotted a mushroom, we did not want a replacement or price adjustment. On A1A in a strip center, Metro Diner is about three blocks from the beach, close to hotels and condos. We will look forward to eating here again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank CarolinaTravelers2
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
CarolinaTravelers2, I greatly appreciate you stopping in to dine with us at our Jacksonville Beach location. You're right when noting that our choices for both breakfast and lunch are quite hearty (and delicious)! I apologize about the small error over the mushrooms. I remember speaking to you that day and, thank goodness, you were so gracious and understanding about the tiny mishap. With that being said, do not hesitate to try out our wide range of unique menu items. This time, shoot for one of those heaping sandwiches for lunch. You won't be disappointed! I look forward to seeing you again!!

Palm City, Florida
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Food is SUPERB! If you like quiet places don't go but believe me when I say it's well worth it!!! Get there early!!! When we left there was a line!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank emr757
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
emr757, thank you so much for joining us this past week at our Jacksonville Beach location! It looks like it was your first time here. It sure is smart to get here early, especially on the weekends as we tend to go on a wait fairly early in the morning. Please join us again when you're back in town and try our lunch favorites if you haven't had a chance to try them yet! :)

FOH Manager
“Great potential lost by poor management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have been here several times. Unfortunately we have experienced subpar service each time. The food is great, ofcourse that isn't very hard to accomplish when you buy into an already successful concept.
Poor service staff = Poor Management

Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Chris T, I am very disappointed and sorry for the lack of excellent service at our location. I personally always like to tell people that we have the best staff in town who work hard and act like a family. The food is undeniably delicious, that is for sure, but I hope you can give us another chance to see that our servers carry themselves with a tenacity for the utmost success and greatness of this restaurant. Next time you're in, I'd love to chat further to mend any bridges and clear the roads.