“Best kept secret in Jacksonville Beach”
Review of The Metro Diner

The Metro Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Best kept secret in Jacksonville Beach”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

What a beautiful experience!
I had went to another location(San Marcos) about a year ago when I first moved to Jacksonville(had seen it on D,D & D) It was fast paced and the service was pleasant. The food was not as tasty as I had hoped for, seemed very bland, maybe we went at a bad time, not sure. Was not planning on returning but a friend suggested that we stop in to eat today 4/20/14 at the Jax beach location. I was hesitant but called ahead anyway to be sure they were open since it was the Easter weekend. The person who answered the phone seemed a little flippant and said their hours are as usual on a Sunday(Im sure they didn't realized that we weren't familiar with their hours of operation) I went on in anyway since my friends were excited to try the place. I was very surprised at this visit. The wait time was very short. The staff very enthusiastic and eager to help with our selections. It was crowded and busy but everyone seems really nice and happy that we were there. Our waitress(don't remember her name) was very Hospitable and welcoming, I didn't expect such Wonderful service at a busy time like it was, She was awesome! I remembered my first visit at the other location and thought how tasteless the food was but since the waitress was so good at making me feel comfortable I ordered without hesitation. The cook must have been cooking with Love because that was the best Chicken and waffles I have ever had and I have had them all over the USA, you could taste the love ! Seasoned well and the presentation was Superb! The waitress didn't forget to bring any of the condiments that went with them and she served us with a smile. I would call her a Super Waitress because she gave the ultimate service, not what I expected at a dinner. To my surprise even the manager came over to ask how was our meal! Can you imagine a busy place like that and the manager took time from his busy day to come and speak to us and ask about the service! Kudos to Metro Diner @ Jax Beach! They are doing it and doing it right! I will surely be back to that location to try other fair and definetly recomend it to all my friends, family and out of town visitors!

1 Thank Merry W
Daniel D, Owner at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Merry W,

I wanted to personally thank you for your recent visit and exceptional review of my Metro Diner Jacksonville Beach location. It was great meeting you and I am very happy that you enjoyed your food, service and overall guest experience. I am glad you decided to give Metro Diner a second shot as we fell a bit short on your first visit, I can not apologize enough. I have shared your review with our entire staff as your experience exemplifies exactly what Metro Diner is all about. We are one big welcoming family and cook all food with Love, exactly how you own family would prepare it. Thank you again for your patronage! Feel free to contact me directly as I would love the opportunity to personally welcome you to join us again (daniel@metrodiner.com).

Thanks,

Daniel DeLeon

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Busy and good”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Good experience here - fast service and no waiting at 10 am on a Thursday but still REALLY crowded. Had the breakfast sandwich, had generous portions and coffee was good and well filled. Would go back but too crowded and noisy at peak times for our taste.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Outstanding Breakfast Joint!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The front desk clerk at Sheraton Four Points knew I had been asking about local restaurants (I like to support locally owned places) and he was very excited to recommend Metro Diner. He told us this is place that all the locals go for breakfast. That told me we would have a wait (only about 25 minutes) but it was worth it and there are cute shops in the strip mall to pass the time. We ordered the Huevos Rancheros, Sandi Beaches Benedict and the Biscuits and gravy! Warning, there are way too many options on the menu. You will not need to eat lunch after eating here. Service was efficient but good. Coffee and water were always full. If you find yourself in Jacksonville Beach looking for a good breakfast spot, this is the place. You just need know you will have a wait but then again all the good places are usually packed.

1 Thank VinoGal
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good breakfast, slow service”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

....and it wasn't that crowded. There was about 12 of us, so that may have been why the service was slow, but how long does it take to get a check when everyone is done?

Decent breakfast grub. This place seems to get a lot of interest, and I can see why since it is close to everything. I would likely go back, although just for breakfast, and with fewer people.

It is a diner after all, so best to keep it simple.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Larz V
Daniel D, Owner at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Larz V,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent subpar experience at Metro Diner Jacksonville Beach. Your less than stellar experience and slow service is unacceptable and I can not apologize enough. I can assure you what you experienced is not a normal occurrence or acceptable at Metro Diner. A party of 12 is not out of the norm for us and should be served with excellent and efficient service. We have met with all of our starving staff and discussed your exact review. I am confident that this problem been corrected and eliminated. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another chance, so that we can show you how the Metro Diner experience should be. Feel free to contact me directly as I would love the opportunity to personally make things right (daniel@metrodiner.com).

Thanks,

Daniel DeLeon
Miami, Florida
“long wait, huge portions, worth it”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

parking is difficult because it is so popular but it is worth it. Breakfast options are amazing. Huge portions, good food.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank abst14
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
abst14, I apologize for the delayed response. I saw that you visited in November 2013 and it must have been a weekend because of the long wait. Our volume is substantially higher during the weekends, but we do our best to accommodate everyone in as timely a fashion as possible. If you have a party of six or more, you can always call ahead for a table to eliminate some of the wait time. I'm glad you enjoyed our food and your overall visit to our Jacksonville Beach location. Next time you're in, please ask for me personally. I would love to meet you!

Best,