“Always great food, service, and prices!”
Review of The Metro Diner

The Metro Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I have been to Metro Diner a good amount of times but this was for first visit to the Beach location. This appears to be the largest of their three currently and I am sure for good reason. I had the special which was an amazing creole pot pie with possibly the best biscuit top I have ever had. I had the regular size and it was giant so I can only imagine what te large would have looked like! My friend had the fried chicken and waffles which are always good, and our other friend had the giant pancake which put him into a food coma once he finished it. If you have never been to Metro you need to go... It is always quality food, great service, and very reasonable prices for the generous portions you are going to get!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Very few places can top Metro Diner for quality of service and quality of food. The shrimp and grits are the best I've ever had. Every dish is served piping hot and all ingredients are fresh. Even if you're passing through Jacksonville, Metro Diner is worth a stop for breakfast or brunch.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Metro Diner consistently makes me smile on every visit. Usually a wait to get in but worth it. A variety of menu choices and they stick to their plan to provide high quality of food which results in better tasting food. Costs can vary depending on what you order but usually if we eat a late breakfast, we know there is enough food to last us until dinner.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Service was very quick and friendly but the food wasn't all that great. The menu goes beyond the standard bacon and eggs and offers chicken and waffles and asparagus omelets but none of it was particularly tasty. Biscuits weren't light or fluffy and the home fries are just chucks of potatoes with no seasoning.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I visited the new beaches Metro Diner for breakfast, and found it to hold to the same high quality standards as the original San Jose and Mandarin locations. If you are looking for a quiet breakfast or lunch spot, this is NOT the place. If you are looking for some of the best and most creative breakfast and lunch concoctions in the area, then this IS the place. My husband had the shrimp and grits, and the portion was enormous. It was loaded with shrimp and had a great creamy sauce, with very cheesy grits tucked underneath. I had the Sandi Beaches Benedict, which is a unique take on Eggs Benedict, adding avocado, tomatoes, and spinach. It was divine. The service is fast and furious, as they get people in and out in record time. There is almost always a wait, but the food experience is more than worth the wait!