“Better than some, very busy place.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Metro Diner

The Metro Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cape Coral, Florida
“Better than some, very busy place.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We seen how biz this place was so we decided to try it out. The first visit was great! Knew we'd be back. Food was perfect, mgr checked on us. As biz as it was, had a table in under 5 mins. They have their own specialties, but also burgers, fries, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, salads. (Love the ranch) However have been back twice and had to send food back both times for one, was not what was ordered and the 2nd time the meat was undercooked. Plus we never could find our waitress this last time. My husband got up to ask for a refill on his tea. When I told the mgr my meat was bleeding, he (instead of saying he'd fix it) said thats how we cook it here. Meatloaf was BURNT. (How do you burn meatloaf?) They have very limited hours. Only open til 2pm. Not sure if we will go back!

• Visited July 2012

Jacksonville, Florida
“WARNING: Don't dine here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you enjoy having your clothes stink when you leave a restaurant, or you want to dine in the midst of a cacophony of shouting cooks hollering over the already jet level noise - this is the place for you. I should also mention that the food is average at best, and the seating is cheek to jowl. This a a very poor replication of the Metro Diner on Hendricks.

WARNING: Don't dine here

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank DannyBoy60805
Daniel D, Owner at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
DannyBoy60805,

I am extreamly sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience at Metro Diner back in June. I sincerely apologize for the delayed response. Your subpar experience and poor food quality is unacceptable and I can not apologize enough. At Metro Diner we pride ourselves on having exceptional service and outstanding food all in a clean and warm atmosphere. I can assure you what you experienced is not a normal occurrence or acceptable. I am confident that the problems you experienced have since been corrected and eliminated. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another chance, so that we can show you how the Metro Diner experience should be. Feel free to contact me directly as I would love the opportunity to personally make things right (daniel@metrodiner.com).

Thanks,

Daniel DeLeon
“Diamond in the rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

The diner is a gem. The place is small and always literally standing room only but the food is worth the wait.

• Visited October 2011
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, United States
“Where the locals eat!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Breakfast or lunch this is a great place to eat. Lots of variety. Cream of Chipped beef is a real old time favorite. pancakes are very good, omellettes delicious. eggs cooked to order, all the different benedicts, all good. someone does need to learn to make toast, it should always be lightly toasted unless asked for differently. Our last 2 occasions we asked for toast and it was served barely toasted.
Lunch has been very good for us too. Pot roast and chicken pot pie are delicious. I had the Italian cold cut sand. WOW, too good. also had the double cheese hamburger, delicious!
If you don't like the food here you should stay home.

• Visited May 2012
bsqd50
“Copious food, copious noise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

The food was very good, the service good, but WAY TOO NOISY. I would go back, and I will only eat outside? We ended up getting our food to go; it's the first time I have ever done that at a restaurant.