“Nice hotel. Good location. Good price.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area

Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Alpharetta, GA
“Nice hotel. Good location. Good price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I went down to Jacksonville for a quick weekend getaway on the beach. While this hotel is not right on the beach, it's a quick 5 or 6 minute drive to Jacksonville Beach. Beach was nice and there was plenty to do in the way of shopping and restaurants.

Hotel was typical of a Hampton Inn. Not a lot of frills, but you get a clean room with a courteous staff and a decent free breakfast. There are Publix and Target and Walgreens all right there as well, so it's easy to get things you need for the beach or to stock the mini fridge in the room.

Overall, we were very satisfied and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FamilyGuyATL
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us. Our team goal is to provide clean, well maintained hotel rooms with excellent service. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
Bel Air, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is an older Hampton so you do not expect it to be perfect. I had problems with the fridge, air conditioner and bathroom fan during my five day stay. However you do expect a friendly and professional Hampton Inn front desk staff. In my ten years of staying at Hampton Inns this is the most unprofessional, poorly trained and unfriendly front desk staff I have encountered. It seems that they all hated their jobs. The breakfast hostess would also be included in this group
of unhappy employees.
Property management has some work to do.

Room Tip: Check air conditioner, TV and bathroom before you unpack.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Marc C
Marc:

I am disappointed to hear that our staff fell short in our customer service. Every review is taken seriously with our staff, and our goal is that every employee will have a genuine smile and do what it takes to make the guest happy.

I hope that if you are in Jacksonville again, you will give us the opportunity to serve you.

Boardman, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very clean rooms, excellent breakfast and a very friendly and helpful staff. All for a fair price. It was close to the beach and to all the area shopping and entertainment. Now, when traveling, I will look for a Hampton Inn

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton's are a strong brand in terms of service, quality, and satisfaction.

Thank you for sharing your positive comments!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I have enjoyed staying at this particular Hampton Inn a half-dozen times in the past few years, so I went out of my way to book a room there the night before a stressful local move.

I arrived around 8:00PM and was assigned a room with a TV that for some reason didn't receive all the channels available in other rooms. The desk clerk looked into the problem and graciously assigned me a different room with a good TV.

After moving my luggage and settling into the second room, I was startled when the air conditioner suddenly cycled on with very loud, long groan punctuated by what sounded like fan blades clicking and sticking. The same when the unit cycled off. On and off. On and off. Every ten minutes.

I was too tired to ask for another room change, so I tried adjusting the temperature setting. That's when I noticed what appeared to be mud on some of the air conditioner louvers. (See photo.) Not very well maintained, I thought.

After setting and resetting the temperature a few times, I learned the higher the setting, the louder the groans and clicks, so I picked 67 degrees - too cold for comfort, but the least noisy setting I could find.

I watched TV with the volume up high to mask the sound of the air conditioner. Later, I tried going to sleep without the TV on, vowing to travel with earplugs in the future.

But sleeping was impossible. When the air conditioner wasn't groaning and clicking, the the room's refrigerator or microwave or something on the other side of the wall was making a loud, steady ticking sound; and refrigerator's compressor was cycling on and off, on and off. There wasn't a quiet moment all night.

When I checked out of the hotel a few sleepless hours later and told the manager about the problems in the two rooms, he simply thanked me and said: "We'll fix it."

Total cost for a bad night's sleep? $125.11.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CapeCodTravelWriter
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest of Room 315:

I would like to speak with you regarding the issues that you had at our hotel but I was unable to pull the account information from the room number given. Can you please call me as soon as possible to determine when you were here so that I can resolve your hotel issues? Please call me at 904-280-9101.

Mike Rind
Platteville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel was great! Everything was top-notch - clean room, excellent breakfast, wonderful help. Every single employee I came into contact with during my 3-day stay always smiled and said "hello" or "can I help you?". I very rarely experience this type of friendliness at a hotel. I definitely recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Jacksonville or Jacksonville Beach area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Mark:

I am happy to hear that you had a great stay!

Our goal is to satisfy everyone.

ormond beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

love hampton inns-would recommend this hotel to all who want a thrifty but very comfortable experience for their travel dollar -close to the beach and the Mayo center-very nice breakfast area and selection for dining

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Katherine:

We just replaced all of our double beds with queen beds, we do have a complimentary shuttle to Mayo Clinic, and we just started a complimentary Manager's Reception for our awesome guests 2 days a week.

Hope to serve you again.

Morgamtown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This Hotel is a great place to stay if you are traveling to Jacksonville Beach Florida, great location and the staff at this Hotel is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms are very clean, breakfast is good and there is always someone to help you, also the front desk is very good with directions and places to go and eat and they are always ready to help you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you David, we appreciate your business!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,378 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oce...
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area? Share your experiences!