Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
$169
Best Western Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$202
$170
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$177
$169
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
Fairfield Inn
Holiday Inn Express(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$127
$143
$139
Travelocity
One Ocean Resort & Spa(Atlantic Beach)
$246
$239
  • Pool
$119
$112
All reviewsmayo clinicmarsh landingfront deskshuttle serviceshopping and restaurantsstay there againroom was cleanhome away from homeeasy accessvery nice hotelconvenient locationwafflesgreat place to stayshort drivegreat staffcomplimentary breakfastexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here as I love Hampton and the price was reasonable as I was staying near Gator Bowl time. My son was playing TPC for a tournament and I needed a convenient place to not break my bank. This hotel met both criteria. I felt safe here as a woman traveling alone.

Many shopping and dining options were a quick walk alway (pier 1, target, world market. publix, chili's, lone star, etc).

Front entrance was open and the lobby area was transformed while I was there. The desk,staff were helpful as one would expect at Hampton. Side doors were again key access only. Some construction noise (drilling) was noted from above me for a short time on Thursday late afternoon but otherwise, it was very quiet inside the room.

The cookies were disappointing (first time ever for me). They were hard and a double chocolate cookie. Breakfast was in a meeting room and fit the need for food in the morning. I didn't see the breakfast on the run bags here this trip. Coffee was out in the hall which made for awkward serving, but it was just outside the door.

No guest computer was available for use which would have been a problem for printing my boarding pass for home if the front desk clerk didn't offer me access to one in the office.

The TV channel selection was the worst I have encountered which was disappointing as I had a few hours of alone time for two evenings. The basic news was there as was HBO and a few others besides the networks. No Food, no HGTV, etc.

Fortunately, I had my cell phone for an alarm as some of the clock buttons didn't work (notified front desk on departure).

Each time I used the shower I got a little workout as the lever to divert the water up was difficult to use. I did notify the front desk of this upon departure. Also in the bathroom, the blow dryer was awful and took forever to dry my hair. The holder in the wall needs some anchors instead of just screws in dry wall. The toilet had a permanent water line mark. I was in room 207.

The bed was comfortable and the room was generally clean and comfortable. The mini fridge and microwave were nice perks.

Room Tip: Elevators are in the middle of the hotel and stairs at each end.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Ths hotel is under construction and should not even be open till complete. We had to use the unlocked side doors to enter since the others are closed. It is both unsafe and very dirty. The bathroom inside the room was extremely dirty and mold was seen on the wall. I didnt even want to go inside. We were very tired and stayed the night but must say that this is the worst hampton inn we had Ever stayed at. I would clerarly avoid for now until improvements are made. The customer service was also very bad. AVOID

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Oh dear, not good. The construction remodel is bad enough, but it's dirty. The elevators are grubby, rooms are tired. It's my first ever stay at a Hampton inn. Maybe my last. Room rate of $89 is great, but clearly you get what you pay for. It was close to where my meeting was taking place - but too far from mall and beach - find another place! If you do end up staying here go next door to eat at the stone wood restaurant, as it was at least good.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel is under construction and should have informed me of that when taking my reservation. When I drove up to the hotel, the front was closed up. I drove around the hotel looking for another way inside, and came in a side door that would normally have been locked and only accessible by room key. But both side doors were unlocked. You walk in and find no one to check in with - just empty halls. It was scary and I felt unsafe so I left and went to another hotel. As a woman traveling alone, I did NOT feel safe going to this hotel while it's under construction. They need to take major security steps and they need an alternate front desk if they plan to continue operations.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was a quick soccer trip. Hotel staff most responsive and accommodating. The staff was great. Only drawback was housekeeping knocked on the door at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday asking us what time we were leaving...guess she wanted an early afternoon!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family