Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Ths hotel is under construction and should not even be open till complete. We had to use the unlocked side doors to enter since the others are closed. It is both unsafe and very dirty. The bathroom inside the room was extremely dirty and mold was seen on the wall. I didnt even want to go inside. We were very tired and stayed the night but must say that this is the worst hampton inn we had Ever stayed at. I would clerarly avoid for now until improvements are made. The customer service was also very bad. AVOID

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Oh dear, not good. The construction remodel is bad enough, but it's dirty. The elevators are grubby, rooms are tired. It's my first ever stay at a Hampton inn. Maybe my last. Room rate of $89 is great, but clearly you get what you pay for. It was close to where my meeting was taking place - but too far from mall and beach - find another place! If you do end up staying here go next door to eat at the stone wood restaurant, as it was at least good.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel is under construction and should have informed me of that when taking my reservation. When I drove up to the hotel, the front was closed up. I drove around the hotel looking for another way inside, and came in a side door that would normally have been locked and only accessible by room key. But both side doors were unlocked. You walk in and find no one to check in with - just empty halls. It was scary and I felt unsafe so I left and went to another hotel. As a woman traveling alone, I did NOT feel safe going to this hotel while it's under construction. They need to take major security steps and they need an alternate front desk if they plan to continue operations.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was a quick soccer trip. Hotel staff most responsive and accommodating. The staff was great. Only drawback was housekeeping knocked on the door at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday asking us what time we were leaving...guess she wanted an early afternoon!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I think my title says it all. I travel a lot and this hotel has an awesome location- right down the street easy in traffic is plenty of shopping, grocery, target, staples and restaurants so it is perfect for the business traveler. Breakfast was perfect - the morning hostess was very nice and front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Parking is easy in the lot and plenty of lighting at night. It is in a quiet area yet near the busy highway. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed here while traveling and simply loved it. The hotel was located near shopping plaza's, restaurants and bars which were within walking distance. We caught the trolley to the beach which was $1.50 each way and the bus stop was three blocks away. The staff was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and just outstanding. They were so accommodating to our motorcycle group and we loved and appreciated them. The next morning we enjoyed the great free breakfast full of variety and not cold, old, stale food. It was fresh and delicious. The hotel was clean and neat and we loved our room. I would highly recommend this hotel and my hat goes off to the entire staff!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 18, 2012

They have a large welcome area, and a very nice Breakfast. When I first got to the hotel the hot water heater was broken, and no one told me, which was kind of a shock the next morning when I was trying to get ready for a business meeting, but once they got it fixed, everything else went smoothly. It is a very close to the Business centers, as well as shopping and resturants without being in the thick of the traffic of the beach. Nice pool and work out area as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area? Share your experiences!