“Rustic, real...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Beachside Seafood

Beachside Seafood
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: 32250 - Zip
Destin, Florida
“Rustic, real...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for laid back seafood, and found it at Beachside. Service and food were great. High quality in a totally cool, unpretentious fish camp atmosphere. We started with two appys: steamed local shrimp and a crab dip. Both very nice. My wife and I had a grouper cheeks special, served with a side salad, a baker and the best ever hush puppies. Our daughter really enjoyed her seafood quesadilla. All ingredients were fresh, and worth the price. I don't get where the other reviewers are coming from when they call this place expensive. Three dinners with apps and drinks were $90.

Visited March 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“Gold crablegs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

This restaurant is nothing special for sure. It occupies a space above it's own seafood market and has the atmosphere of a campground, replete with picnic tables, paper plates and plastic flatware. There is no air conditioning and only space heaters. And all of that would be fine if their prices were not equivalent to a 5 star.

My wife ordered the crab legs, which is my wife's favorite and therefore something with which we have a lot of experience, i.e. we understand "market pricing". The waitress quoted $42 for "3 clusters". What we got was literally 3 legs.

We have been there twice and once the service was good, the second time not so much.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Good food but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We went here for dinner during our recent trip to Jacksonville Beach. While the food was very good, the price was expensive and we found the atmosphere not consistent with the price we paid (picnics tables and plastic silverware). I have eaten just as good seafood for the same price, but in nicer surroundings. But anyway if you are looking for seafood in the JAX area, this restaurant is certainly worth a try.

FL
“Not Worth It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have been here for lunch several times & always had a good experience with our meal. Today we weren't as pleased. We were there early & the only ones in the place. We placed our order & asked for an extra order of their wonderful hush puppies. When they came, you could tell they were overcooked. I took one bite and quickly sent them back. The server said they would make a new order for me.
Even though the sides are the same price, if you substitute from the fries, it's a dollar upcharge. I ordered the baked potato with my fried shrimp. The shrimp were so tiny. I actually counted to see if I got a dozen. The flavor is good and they are fresh, but what I would call small to medium size.
We usually have a really friendly server but today we had a server that was pleasant, only smiling when she talked to you but otherwise looked like she was having a bad day. She was not the best, compared to the others.
One thing I have to compliment Beachside Seafood on is their sauces. They all come to your table cold and in clean, filled containers.
The seafood is fresh but not plentiful and the prices are high for what you get.

Santa Ana, Costa Rica
“good food, helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Rustic touch of an open porch. Good bocas and food. Cold beer.. NOT a hot day when we were there and that could be a problem... A little pricey, but it is near the beach...

• Visited October 2013