“Waste of $$ and time”

Cuisines: Seafood
Description: 32250 - Zip
Description: 32250 - Zip
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We thought visiting Jax, Bch this time we would try a more home town seafood establishment and do have to say we may just stay with the corporate companys. It looked like it would be a really good place to eat so we stopped in. If you are handicapped you will need to pass as you would have to climb 2 flights of stairs to get to the restaurant. Once upstairs it had a nice atmosphere and prices were on the average for what we thought we were going to get. My husband ordered the broiled shrimp basket and I ordered the fried shrimp basket. No Alaskian snow crab. My grandson ordered the kids corn dog basket and son go the gumbo. 45 mins later we got grilled, dry, cold shrimp, and chewy, rubbery hot fried shrimp 3 drinks and 1 water for $39.47 plus tip. My husband did not tell me his shrimp was cold until we left or I definitely would have sent it all back. He said he was hungry and didn't want to make the grandson wait any longer. My grandson seemed to be having trouble eating the corn dog like it was rubbery as well but didn't say a word. He was brought up to be very polite and not criticize his food and to be thankful he had something on his plate. We need to teach him about when it is appropriate. Hine site I should have sent the whole meal back and walked across to Mcdonalds. There was no use in complaining because it was after 9 pm and they kept yelling on the speaker 86 gumbo, 86 this and that like they were out of food. There were only 5 tables in the whole upstairs occupied. The service was slow with drink refills but other than that, the staff was friendly. I also was not a fan of how they bring the food up from the first floor. I think this is my first negative review and this beach goer will surely not go back.

1  Thank luv2travellots
There are newer reviews for Beachside Seafood

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is basically a big screened-in porch over the top of a seafood market. No frills--picnic tables, paper towels, very laid back. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best I've had in the area, either. The staff was friendly, and considering the large party of 20+ people that was in there at the same time, they weren't too slow about getting our food out, either. All in all, I'd rate this place as average.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced and good seafood in a super casual place (no air conditioning but screens and fans), and you can show up with sand on you from the beach. Perfect for lunch after a morning at Jacksonville Beach.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was in Jacksonville FL and wanted something off the beaten path – something with the local flair – a non-chain place to eat –
Beachside Seafood was very good – service was ok, but the food was very good.
Yes, it is served on paper plates, they give you plastic utensils, but, I was there for the food.
I had the Peel & eat shrimp – very good
Lobster Bisque – AWESOME
And the crab cake dinner - - AWESOME
When my travels take me back to Jacksonville – they will be on my list as a place to eat

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Beachside is exactly what you expect to find at the beach. The food was good and delivered quickly. The portions were average, and the price was reasonable. Most of the food is prepared fried. This is the place to go if you're in a hurry or just coming in off the beach.