“Best ceviche ever!”

The Pier Cantina & Sandbar
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: New resturant that opened May 2011. Just south of the pier located at Jacksonville Beach. Ocean front dining.
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had the ceviche which was fresh and tasted awesome!!! I sipped on fresh mango martinis and that's all I had. Now the service was soso, the host had no knowledge of menus and there was a woman that kept walking around trying to get noticed. When I asked her about the mango martinis, she said "I'm not a fan of mango!" I appreciate the honesty but sale me on something or tell me if other customers like it. Waiter spoke minimal English and was to busy to give good service. Will return for the awesome view of the ocean and drinks. That's it!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This beachfront restaurant, located on the boardwalk has a great atmosphere and delicious food. I especially like the house margaritas, ceviche and quesadillas.

1  Thank SingleTraveler48
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Sorry the place looks awesome but the cold slow coming from the kitchen Mexican dog food is horrible and staff is careless and don't pay you the attention. I had to ask for refills and usually waited some more. The owner and manager just blew me off when I complained. Very unprofessional. The food is priced cheap but you get what you pay for. This also draws a low class crowd and bar drunks/hounds/gropers. Not really a romantic place for that special date or night. The bathrooms reeked and the tables and bar had a quickwet wiped quick . Food on the floor from previous customers. Look I don't post much but find yourself another
place a a nice dinner and drinks at the beach. Not lady or family friendly. Avoid!

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

If you want to try this restaurant, go for the view, not the food. The food was awful before it became a Mexican restaurant and now it's even worse. Way overpriced, slow crowd inside (there was no one in the upstairs dining room for lunch, which boasts the best views, on Cinco de Mayo, at a Mexican restaurant!). The only thing this place has going for it is it's location and outdoor patio/deck on the beach. Good place to have drinks outside...then go eat somewhere else!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We went to try the new menu at The Pier. We had heard from friends that it had changed to a Tex-Mex style and that they enjoyed it. First, get seating upstairs by the windows. Great view of the ocean with some fun people watching. Started with a few apps. The guacamole was fresh and flavorful with nice sized chucks of avocado, flavored well with fresh herbs and spices. The cheese dip with chorizo sausage was a nice twist with the warm chips. I had the taco al pastor dish and it was fresh but the pork was a little dry and under spiced. My wife had the Chiles Rellenos and thought it was very good, prepared the classic style with no meat, lightly battered.
The only shortcoming were the margaritas. We payed for premium. but never really tasted like there was much Petron in the drink. We will go again and give it another try.