β€œReggae Night is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nippers Beach Grill - CLOSED

Nippers Beach Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Caribbean, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
College Station, Texas
“Reggae Night is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

After a few trips to the Caribbean, it's fair to say that I've developed a love for tropical settings, fresh seafood, and soft-spot in my heart for Reggae music. My sister shares my enthusiasm, so when her husband received orders to be stationed in Jacksonville, Fl, needless to say she was psyched. What was even better, she found Nippers on a random Thursday while researching good happy hour spots, and it just happen to be Reggae night. Becoming a regular patron, she insisted on taking me here while I was visiting Jax. I was not disappointed! It's located by the Dick-Boger yacht sales, so it's right by the water and you can see all the boats going in and out. The drinks were strong (try the "Bad Habit"), food was GREAT (seafood dip and the Jax Beach Crawler roll were outstanding), and the ambiance is very friendly, laid-back, and "Florida" if you will. The Reggae band they had was pretty good, but the best part was the older white-guy, who was the drummer, and sounds almost exactly like Shaggy when he sings. LOVE IT!!! We are planning on coming to my bro-in-laws Navy officer commissioning on February, so I'm making definite plans to bring my husband here! Thanks Nippers, I'll be back!!

Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Just as good the second time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Have eaten there 2 times now and we really enjoyed it. Both times have been during the day and not too busy so I can't review on the evening atmosphere. First time, we took my daughter and grandson who are from out of town and the little one really enjoyed walking the docks and looking at the boats. We liked the Sunday Bloody Mary bar. Conch fritters were great, Crabcake sandwich was awesome and the Pork belly Taco is wonderful. Everyone agreed the Mac n Cheese was great as well. Daughter enjoyed the blackened fish club and said they did a great job cooking it. If I had a complaint about anything, it would be the sweet potato fries. They are crinkle cut and just not good but we thoroughly enjoyed everything else. I waited to review until husband and I went back again and our food was just as delicious.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Poor service not offset by quality of food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We had a group of about 25 people for a family reunion. They only had 2 servers trying to handle that large of a group which was clearly not enough. If we had been separated into 6 groups of 4 we would have had 6, with this size group we should have had at least 4 servers, 2 for each long table we had. The food when it finally came was good, but certainly not worth the wait. Also didn't care for the fact that you had to valet park, even though it was complimentary.

Visited July 2014
Ashburn, Virginia
“Food is ok, ambiance good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

The food was just so-so, but the service was good. Prices not bad. Ask for a table with a view of the water.

• Visited March 2014
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad from the start...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

?..and never got better.
Took my daughter for her birthday by boat to Nippers for dinner. How disappointing. It took 35 minutes to get a drink and another 30 to get appetizers. Then finally dinner came... 1/2 my plate was cold... I ordered the "special"... nothing special about it... the black beans had been on the plate so long they were crusted over on top. The pork was mush.
My daughter ordered fish.. it was floating in butter and cold... the waitress asked what side dish she wanted... sweet pot fries.. they were so dried out and cold and then we were charged $4 extra.
when I complained to the waitress she said she was sorry but the kitchen was really busy. What? In the dining room there were only 2 tables full and outside most everyone had left.
the band was alful, the were no hand towels in the restroom.. even 2 hours later...makes me wonder about the wait staff.
Needless to say after $150 plus20% tip I won't be back...

1 Thank Carmen472