β€œNippers has great seafood and a better view!”
Review of Nippers Beach Grill - CLOSED

Nippers Beach Grill
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Jax Beach
“Nippers has great seafood and a better view!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We go to Nippers to enjoy the view of the marina, and partake is some great island cuisine. I was a little bummed when they changed the recipe of the Diver Scallops, which once upon a time came with pasta and cashews in a spicy sauce and was probably my favorite all time entrΓ©e anywhere. Why change that? They have a continually changing list of specials - most recently I enjoyed a lobster curry coconut lime soup that was sublime. Prices are a bit on the high end, and the dining area is very plain, but if you like good food and a seat overlooking the water, this is your spot!

• Visited March 2014

florida
“Never again!!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Used to dine here 1-2 days a week. Went gluten free (necessity) and last week 2'terrific servers helped me order and everything was great. Today order my salad, no seasoning etc...comes out the chicken is COVERED in seasoning and some sauce....I reminded the sever it was ordered NO seasoning, she told me that she thought that just mean no jerk seasoning, but she'd fix it...walked away walked back. Chef said all the chicken is seasoned and he can wash it off...ARE YOU KIDDING?! I said that funny since last week it was plain and I was told gf...server walks away comes back same answer I said nope take it away, cant eat it
I watch my friends eat, a few min later server comes back in quite snottily asks the other individuals at the table if at least they are food is good it was rude and uncalled for. We then asked for the manager it took about five minutes for the manager to make her way over to our table even though the place was practically empty the manager wanted to know what the problem was because she took my food off the bill really you better have taken the food off of the bill that I didn't accept didn't touch and didn't eat. She then asked me if the menu said that it was gluten free to which I explained the menu online does say it's gluten-free I clearly asked for zero seasoning at all she didn't seem all too concerned about the terrible lack of customer service that was provided or the fact that last week I'm told the chicken is Fresh and gluten free and this week Fresh chicken is no longer Fresh but already season, does that mean shipped in and frozen?

We had intended to have a bridal shower here in a few weeks and spend quite a bit of money however with the lack of politeness kindness consistent customer service with the shop making it very clear their food is not fresh with the manager not finding it to be a big deal we have since changed our plans and will be taking our venue somewhere out as well as our 1-2 lunches a week we shall never dine here again

Goodbye to Nippers

Visited January 2014
3 Thank amys289
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food, Service, and Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was our first visit to Nippers, but we will be back. We had the Fish & Chips, Mac & Cheese, and Shrimp & Grits. Everything was outstanding. The fish in the Fish & Chips was a thick cut of white fish with a very mild flavor and a light batter. The fries that came with the Fish & Chips seemed to have been battered first and were delicious. The Jalapeno Hushpuppies were huge and had just a little bite to them. And the Jicama Cole Slaw was light and fruity. The Mac & Cheese was yummy. But, by far, the star of the night was the Shrimp & Grits! The grits were so creamy that they almost had the consistency of mashed potatoes - thick and hearty. The shrimp were firm and plentiful. The sausage added just a hint of spiciness. And the sauce over everything was perfect.

The atmosphere here is very relaxed with caribbean music playing and a beautiful view of the water. But the service is not relaxed - it is first-class. Anytime we needed something, someone was there to make sure our request was fulfilled. Our water glasses were never empty and our food and drinks were served quickly.

We are looking forward to our next visit to Jacksonville so we can visit Nippers again.

• Visited January 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Need Bar Manager”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We enjoy Nippers. The food is good as is the service. They have a major bar issue. Everytime we dine there something is always out of stock. Thus time it was the wine we wanted.

Visited January 2014
Texas
“Yummy Shrimp & Grits and AWESOME Service-”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My niece brought us to Nipper's while we were visiting. She told us that the Chef was a participant on Top Chef. I don't know, but I would believe it. The shrimp and grits was outstanding and unique--on a rectangular platter was a nice long pile of buttery perfectly cooked grits on top of that there were many large shrimp in a tasty rust colored creamy sauce with nice chunks of lean and crispy bacon. Never have had this and hope to find it around our area. The fish bites were lightly battered, crispy hot, and served with a signature remoulade sauce. There were 8 of us and everyone loved his dish. Talk about service--ALL our food was brought out HOT and FRESH at the same moment- usually only find this in very expensive restaurants-AWESOME service. The prices were reasonable. The location was on the intercoastal. Although we went at night, it would be a fun place during the day. Casual, lively, and family friendly. Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014