β€œGreat Place to Watch the Game”
Review of Nippers Beach Grill - CLOSED

Nippers Beach Grill
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Jacksonville, Florida, Usa
“Great Place to Watch the Game”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I went to Nippers on a Sunday to watch some games, and it did not disappoint! Great food, service, and view!

Visited September 2013

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Nice atmosphere....good football!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I went to Nippers with some friends to watch football. They are Cleveland Browns fans and Nipper is one of the Browns Backers locations in Jacksonville, Florida. The staff gave the fans a private room to watch the game, which was nice, but odd since the front area with the big and other televisions was nearly empty. I would think they would want to fill the seats, but I guess not. The atmosphere was very nice. The back wall is all glass and it is just beautiful being there on the water. The food was not so great and the service went right along with the theme. For examples, we ordered some nachos and then after they were delivered to the table, we had to ask for plates and flatware. Normally, as soon as you order food, servers bring you those items prior to the food arriving. The servers / food runners would enter the room and auction off food..."Hey, did anyone order these tacos?" I found it strange that they didn't have table numbers or descriptions on their tickets. The food was a bit bland. We had the nachos, which were very plain....nachos, cheese and chicken....no tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, nothing. We also tried some of the tacos. The pork tacos tasted like it was all fat and no meat, the chicken ones were dry, but the tortilla was incredibly soggy. When we received the check we noticed that we were already charged a tip due to the fact that we were watching football with others in the private room, even though we were not a party and did not even know the other people. I didn't mind and understand that they charge, even though we didn't ask to be in that room, but I did feel that the server should have disclosed it. In food service it can appear to be sneaky or classless when you do not disclose in advance that a tip is already included. Overall, I would DEFINITELY go again to watch football and enjoy the atmosphere.

Neptune Beach, FL
“Don't Come Here for Food.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Seven of us had dinner here a couple nights ago. Not one of us was impressed with the food and we had multiple different things. It was below average overall; less than satisfactory. Like 3 1/2 on a scale of 10. I had the beer battered fish and chips. The fish was not fresh. In fact it was old. We were eating an early dinner and I'm sure they cooked their oldest fish from the refrigerator for me. It gave me abdominal pain from gas!

Service was adequate, although unorganized.

We won't be back.

There is a big TV screen for games in the bar area, so if you just want to have a beer and watch the game this place would probably be okay for that.

• Visited September 2013
“Leisure lunch by the water.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Went at lunch to eat since the evening before was really crowded. I had the lobster crab roll with a shrimp bisque which had a creole seasoning. My friend had the strawberry salad and added grilled salmon which was very flavorful and moist. Sara, the only server was fast.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“excellent food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Based on reviews I had seen about Nippers, we decided to try it out. We went on Saturday night after 9pm, no problem with getting a table. Service was excellent, food arrived in timely manner and was excellent. I had the Caribbean salad with grilled chicken, it comes with coconut dressing. Excellent and light. My husband had the shrimp and we shared some of the mac and cheese. Order a side dish, they are famous for it and it's awesome. Will def go back there again.

• Visited August 2013