β€œNot What I Expected - but OK”
Review of Nippers Beach Grill - CLOSED

Nippers Beach Grill
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Niceville, Florida
“Not What I Expected - but OK”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Took the family for a Sunday Lunch. The seating was good, view outstanding and excellent service. The food was OK, nothing special, and way overpriced. Each entree is stand alone so you must order everything Alacarte. I had the yellow fin snapper which was very good as well as the rice it was served on. However the two-tail lobster had no taste and my wife's scallops were good, but the yellow curry Marconi tasted very unusual.Anyway as mentioned the service was excellent and great views, but nothing I would go back for.

Oh, not to forget - I really liked the fried green tomatoes.

Jacksonville
“Don't Waste Your Time (or Money)!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you are looking for Good Food try Marker 32 or Marlin Moon Grille right down the street. Chef Osvaldo β€œOmar” Collazo’s is disrespectful to his patrons and his food is mediocre at best. Very Overated. They don't even use Mayport Shrimp when they are few miles from Mayport!!! Their seafood is questionable as well, frozen and never fresh. For a place located on a marina this is hard to figure out. The turnover at this location in terms of staff tells everything. Nobody can work for OMAR and he chases away clients with his obnoxious arrogant behavior. Who does he think he is anyways? Omar has lived off Kenny's talent and acclaim and you tell out on his own his restaurant and the food show he has no talent. Stay Away from this overpriced disappointment.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank jresn02
Manchester
“Tasty Delicious Perfect”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went there Saturday night... Busy place, the staff was warm and inviting. Food service was a little slow, did I mention it was busy... We started with a couple dozen oysters, the best I have had in years. Big, clean and flavorful. The Divers Scallops were truly an unexpected treat.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Nippers - A place for HORSERADISH and Bloody Mary's!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was our first time at Nippers. We were looking for a place to eat outdoors on this beautiful day with the family. First, Florida is beautiful and you can almost not go wrong with sitting outdoors near any body of water here. So the scenery was nice and they had some Reggae band playing outside which was nice as well. If we were able to find a seat outside, it would've made our experience more tolerable, but we didn't.

My husband got the blackened fish sandwich. When it came out, he called it "frozen uncooked cod". What is so disappointing is that it was so obvious this was frozen fish, knowing that we live here in Florida, right off the coast! There are plenty of fresh seafood distributors just a few miles away! Anyway, they replaced his meal with some other frozen fish.

I opted for the Neptune Beach Wrap - chilled lobster and crab salad. Sounds like a nice lunch wrap, but when I bit into it, all I can taste was HORSERADISH! I wasn't sure if it was horseradish or wasabi or something to that likeness. Ugh. I was totally expecting the natural sweetness of the lobster and crab to come out in this. It was not good and horseradish was nowhere to be found on the menu description. So they replaced my lunch with the Crab Cake Benedict. I really think I tasted horseradish in that too! Either that or it was just way too salty or something. I was not impressed.

I'd say the only things that were good was the sweet potato fries, the slaw and the Bloody Mary's. But weird - they had a Bloody Mary bar?? Not an All You Can Drink bloody mary bar, but a make yourself bloody mary bar with different "toppings?". Just give me a spicy one and I'll be good. No need to get up off my seat to go to the bar every time I wanted another one (only after they've given you a glass pre-filled with vodka and ice). All we really did was walk over to the bar clear across the restaurant to fill up our glass with the bloody mary mix.

Maybe just an appetizer on the deck listening to reggae on this beautiful sunny Florida day would've gotten us to come back again. Oh well.

1 Thank LoveMyOhana
Miami
“If you want to relax and enjoy Florida!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nippers is a place I enjoy to dine at on Sundays. I would not rate there food as spectacular but it is good. If you want to soak up some sun and have few drinks then you need to be here.
I like to sit outside where the band is playing. This place reminds me of Key West.
There are no worries here. Sun dress, or cut offs and a tank top, Nippers is an non-judgment place i.e. Key West.
On a side note you can bring your dog!

• Visited May 2013