“Thai at the beach”
Review of Buddha Thai Bistro

Buddha Thai Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddha Thai Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd st. & 10th AVE N.
Description: Eminent restaurateur Thai-raised, Los Angeles-trained Guy (Mangosteen Thai Cusine, Wild Thai and Star of Siam ), Buddha Thai Bistro is an authentic Thai cuisine that showcases the cuisines of Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, India and China. Drawing upon memories of family meals his mother made, culinary experience to bring together the exhilarating tastes of a half-dozen Southeast Asian nations.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been hearing very good things about Buddha Thai from friends so I decided to check it out. I was not disappointed. The restaurant is nicely laid out with the bar along the back wall. There is an elevated dining area behind a screen on one side of the room and the rest of the seating in the main part of the room. I came in time for happy hour and got a couple of good deals. They break them into liquid and solid specials. Because I was eating seafood or fowl I had a Pinot Gris from Oregon for my liquid and fried wonton for my solid. For the main course I had the Crispy Duck. It is presented covered in foil on a bed of steamed vegetables with sticky rice on the side. The Duck was sublime. I loved it. The veg was just right. My server, Noom, was very nice and took good care of me. She told about a couple of promotions the restaurant does. For your birthday the restaurant gives returning diners a free entree and champagne on your anniversary. So, I had Noom sign me up on their email list. This is a nice touch and will make me come back. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Party of four had three curry dished and a beef noodle dish. All were very good and the spice levels were as described. We had 3, 4, and 5 and all were happy. Of the appetizers, the calamari was different and very good. Looked like onion rings but tasted like excellent calamari. The wine list is pretty broad and we were able to find a red and a white that we knew and liked. Service was very good.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The interior is really attractive with tables well spaced. Very pleasing. The bartender was crackerjack and the prices reasonable. The menu is varied. The chicken satay and eggplant curry were excellent, and every dish coming out of the kitchen was presented with artistic flair. I would definitely go back. It was stylish and excellent.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was in the restaurant recently for dinner and ordered shrimp with red curry. The waitress was very pleasant and after a while asked if everything was okay. I said it was fine except there were only (3) shrimp. I had put the tails aside since I don't eat them like some folks. I mentioned that it was odd because the smaller lunch portion comes with (4) shrimp. I wasn't really complaining just answering her question. She agreed there should be more shrimp for the dinner portion and left to check on it.
Next thing I know another waitress (I believe the one in charge) is hanging over my bowl of food, grabbed my spoon and started digging around in the bowl looking for what I wasn't sure. I was startled and lost for words. After stirring around, lifting out and examining the food for awhile she said "you got scallops too, right". I said no mam, just the shrimp. I realized then she thought I was lying about just getting (3) shrimp. After digging around some more she said it looked to her like I got extra vegetables and she walked away. Nothing else was said by anyone. I finished my by now well inspected and cooled-off meal.
This was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen a waitress do. Not to mention the unbelievable rudeness of it all but to have her face and hair hanging over my food was a very unpleasant
experience and I'm sure unsanitary as well.
Neither my family or I will ever be back to Buddha Thai Bistro. And we certainly won't be recommending it to anyone else
PS: I did leave a 20% tip for the 1st waitress - it wasn't her fault

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Food is delicious and service is great. Waitstaff is very friendly and attentive. We really enjoy going here.