“Crazy Fish/Old Florida”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Crazy Fish/Old Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We chose to eat at Crazy Fish because one of the appetizers was conch fritters. If you have ever been to the Florida keys, you may have tried them. They are either great or terrible. These Conch Fritters at the CrazyFish were in the GREAT category. Their menu is a bit different from what is listed pn their website, maybe because it is Old Florida? My husband had shrimp poboy. It was delicious. I had the fresh fish wrap, I chose the blackened snapper, which also was delicious. My husband who isnt a big fish eater liked it as well. The service was excellent. Finding the place is a bit tricky, unless you have a garmin or plug the address into your smartphone. I would definitely go back again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SusieQ515

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Nice outside tables, boat parking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I like that I can pull my boat up here to grab a bite and a drink, BUT the lame thing is the owner has a massive pontoon boat blocking the vast majority of the boat parking on dock which made it difficult to tie up, if there was any other boaters there I would not have been able to dock. Service and food was average... the joke though is the catfish sandwich is $9.99 and you can "upgrade" to Grouper for $5 more...$14.99 for a fish sandwich is pretty ridiculous and that was what they were promoting. The pina collada did not taste like there was any alcohol in it. The coconut shrimp app was good, the fish wrap was good too with the Caribbean sauce. Nice outdoor atmosphere watching all the weekenders figure out how to launch a boat at the boat ramp. 2 sandwiches, 2 drinks, 1 app (for lunch) was nearly $50 PRE TIP. Decent view but that's about it. Lower your prices and move that barge out of the way and you would do much better attracting anyone on a boat.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Erik S
Miami
“A lesson in customer service may be helpful-”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

A girlfriend and I bought a Groupon to kayak all day for $69. We thought this was a good option far a lazy day in Jax Beach. We should have read TripAdvisor first. SHAME ON US. We were told to make an appointment, which we did. The day 08/25/2013 was overcast but no rain, thunder, or lightening was occurring. When we arrived the young lady who greeted us was kind. The restaurant had one person dining, this should have been out first clue.

We were given our life jackets and told to have fun.

Right before we got on, the manager (a male) came out saying we could not go out for insurance purposes. He said it was lightening and he has issues with the insurance company. We asked how long we should wait he said come back in a hour.

We called 2 hours later and he said call back in a hour, we did and were told to call back in a hour. We finally gave up.

We really wanted to kayak, so we called the two competitors in the area and they told us to come out no worries at all. (Please see my other review)

Do not go here at all. This place will most likely be closed soon due to no customers.

I hate giving bad ratings but when a person offers a service and then declines the service for insurance reasons I am taken aback!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank LaKesha T
“Amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I dont know who wrote that one star review or why their experience was so bad but this place was absolutely awesome! We all got the shrimp po boys which were $10. They were delicious the shrimpnwas fresh and cooked perfectly. We also had the conch fritter appetizer. They were also delicious. The only complaint I had was that the music was too loud. Otherwise the place was very clean and service was prompt and friendly.

They also offer air boat tours and dolphin tours. We took an sir boat tour. This was a lot of fun. We got our tickets on sale and it was a good deal. Probably wouldnt have gone if I had to pay full price, which is $100 for an hour long tour. But I am glad we decided to do it. Got to see a lot of nature and the captain was entertaining and very knowledgeable.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank breimer273
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fresh seafood and fresh ingredients but slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Everytime we have eaten here we have had good, fresh food. The service seems to be slow. This last time no one else was there but us and it still took forever for our food to come. The soup took forever and the oyster came out with our food. The raw oysters were outstanding. The food is very good but dont go if you're in a hurry.

• Visited May 2013