“Better than most.”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Likes: Food didn't seem highly commercialized and over processed. Most of it was quite tasty. Price was reasonable for amount and quality. Atmosphere (sat outside) pleasant.

Not likes: Service was slow enough that we had to go get our utensils from someone (but it was Memorial Day.) Inside ambience loud and clangy. No one seemed to be in charge.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Visited Mojo's for dinner with my husband and 3 year old son while in town for the PGA tournament. We weren't sure what to expect in terms of atmosphere from the previous reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised. The interior was cool and fun and great for families without being kitschy. Admittedly, I am not a bbq aficionado, but we got the whole hog and I can say that all of the meat was cooked to perfection and the sauce options (right on the table) were ideal for someone who has yet to forge a BBQ identity (unlike my husband, who prefers North Carolina BBQ and immediately went for the vinegar :) A small selection of local beers on tap made for an overall great meal and experience. We'll be back next time we find ourselves in Jacksonville.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Mojo's was disappointing for a highly rated Trip Advisor restaurant. I was expecting a fun bar atmosphere and Mojo's delivers on that front. But the food was a big disappointment. It's probably well rated as the portions are quite large. Large portions do not equal good food! We were 6 people and only one (pulled pork) did not think it was some of the worst BBQ tasted in a long time.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

yes, this is a BBQ place that will give you perfectly smoked meats that will fall apart and carry great flavor, but you seriously need to try their Mac and Cheese, it is Delicious! overall a Great place to try!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a busy place; casual atmosphere. Later on at night they have live music and I would like to come back for that. I visited Mojo's because I am a fan of the eastern North Carolina barbecue, which has a vinegar base to it. The barbecue I received was not bad, but the amount of vinegar almost overwhelmed the meat. Service was fine; obviously it is a requirement to be female, buxom and show lots of cleavage to work in this place, and that bothered me somewhat. Teenage boys will love it, however.