“I highly recommend Eleven South for Food, Service and Atmosphere!”

Eleven South Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven South Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Jacksonville, Florida
“I highly recommend Eleven South for Food, Service and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

I was just there on Thursday for the Wine Patio Party. It was Pinot Noir night and the selection was first class along with the perfect food pairings, my favorites were the Tenderloin Skewer with a blackberry lacquer, and the Ancho Chile & Amaretto-Pistachio Truffles but the entire menu was delicious. Service was impeccable, very attentive and knowledgeable. It was a very chilly nite so one would question the patio part, but not here, it was nice and cozy.
Afterwards my friends and I went to the bar to a cordial and pleasurable atmosphere as well. It was busy, the bartenders were im sync waiting on customers, making some very tasty libations. They were very accommadating to me as well as the rest of the customers. This was not my first time here and there will be many more to come as far as I am concerned.
Food was over the top, Service was above and beyond satisfaction everything else is a nice bonus.

• Visited January 2011

Jacksonville, Florida
“Eleven south golden spoon Florida Trend magazine award winner 2010”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

I am very proud of the hard work of Eleven South and it's staff! Loyal patron for last six years and know the owners and staff very well. Amazing food and staff. Go to FoodiesUSA.com for a lastest review on the Pinot noir patio party.

• Visited January 2011
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“All was great until.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

Food amazing!!!
Service outstanding!!!
I recommend calling ahead and reserving a table. Appears, it's best to avoid when owner are in town.
Place is buzzing with negative energy when the owners are hanging at the bar and getting sloppy drunk.
Has great potential to be a top restaurant.

2 Thank restpro_10
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something Happened”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

Not sure what, but something happened at Eleven South Bistro that has caused their poor reviews. They used to be awesome (key word: used) past tense! I took my husband and my son and spent over $300 and we had a negative experience as well. I wrote to management to tell them about the issues and never heard a word from them! This is really awful because we need more upscale bistros at the beach and if they are not careful, they will end up out of business! We all struggle with money right now and that dinner took almost an entire week of my pay, but I wanted to treat my husband on a special occassion. He has business luncheons and dinners as well with out of towners who ask for suggestions for dining. This would have been on our list to recommend, but how can it be now??? Ms. McCoy

1 Thank BinkaMac
florida
“Poor Service, to loud, food came out cold.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

My wife and I tried Eleven South for our wedding anniversary last night, our waiter was too preoccupied by another table of 6 to really pay attention to us…not sure if this guy was not experienced or more interested in the tip he would get from a larger table…we always tip 20% or more and don’t look like hoodlums, but felt like we were intruding…We had the king crab cakes and lentil soup for an appetizer, cakes were good, lentil soup…I’ve had better, we followed with salad and cheese platter…was ok. Then the wheels fell off…I had steak and my wife chicken tortellini, I wanted some wine with the meal, when I asked the waiter…he gave me the index finger (wait a minute) it took him about 10 minutes to come back, when he arrived he didn’t say anything about blowing me off, just asked what I wanted. After delivering the wine he disappeared again for about 20 minutes, I had to ask a waitress from another table if she could bring me another glass of wine, 10 minutes later he came back with our food…saying be carful the plates are hot…well the plates were warm and the food was warm at best and my steak was not very good, chicken tortellini looked like it was out of a box…seemed like the plates were sitting under the hot lamp for awhile. We paid our check and got out of there…I’m not a complainer so I didn’t say anything to the manager. I have heard good things about this restaurant but had a bad experience. This place didn’t compare to some of the other great places in Jacksonville Beach, Dwight’s, Marker 32, Ocean 60, don’t know if it was the waiter or management, but we won’t be going back any time soon.

1 Thank gamboatom