“Outstanding lunch again.”

Eleven South Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven South Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Mt sister and I had a fabulous scallop meal. One of the best I have had this year. The ambiance is soothing and our service was outstanding. I will dine here when ever I am in town.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice so far and love it. It's one of the only really nice restaurants in Jacksonville Beach. The food both times was great and the service is top notch. Love this place and will keep coming back.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Very good dining experience. Sat on the patio. Food (snapper) was good but not up to ESB's usual standards. Friends loved theirs. Excellent service. Desert, however, was a mess. It was billed as "cinnamon beignets." Don't be fooled. These were stale donut holes from Publix. Just awful, and nothing even resembling a beignet. I probably should have just sent it back. Food, in all, was just not quite all that. I hope ESB's standards aren't slipping.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I went here with some friends to celebrate especial occasion; I wish I hadn't! The initial greeting was somewhat "puke-warm" and the general ambience in the restaurant was a little stuffy. The waiter initially seemed quite friendly, and regaled us with his alleged golfing prowess whilst he took our orders - fine. The food was quite nice, and well presented. However, I have been visiting the USA for more that 25 years and even though I am British I am well aware of the "tipping" system and it's operation - I have never had an issue with it, and consider myself and my friend to be quite generous. NEVER, however, have we been told that our tip was inadequate and that more was required. What an insult, and it completely ruined the evening, and what a terrible advert for this restaurant. My advice - DON'T GO THERE!

3  Thank gerryld
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Overall: First impressions are everything. And, 11 South failed miserably. We walked into a packed bar at 6:30. But the dining room was empty. The hostess's first attempt was to seat us at a tiny table next to the hostess stand and the bar. As I noted to her, if I wanted to sit in the bar, I would have asked for a bar table. My husband, observing that there were three other tables of 2 seated at 4-tops asked to be relocated to a 4-top and we were refused. We did get a better 2-top, but the 4-top we requested remained empty, as did several others, until near the time we left or after. For the way we were treated, we will never return. Don't tell me you are waiting for a higher grossing table until you know what I order from the wine list.

Food: mediocre. Highlights include the crispy oysters appetizer, the spinach salad (minus the awful so-called "crouton"), and the crust of the tuna. Note, I don't recommend the whole tuna dish, because mine was undercooked and tough. I can see where it would have been good, if cooked properly. It was generally disappointing. So I do not see the attraction. My husband's rack of lamb was good but not great.

Service: the wait staff was excellent. If even after this review you decide to go, please ask for Peter. He made even a bad experience better. (Note, we paid in full and tipped 20% because there was not an owner to complain to and Peter worked hard for us.)

Decor:..hmmm. Not at all what I anticipated. Bad combo of black leather chairs, white tableclothes, and brown paisley curtains. Not to my liking, though clean. Nothing said either "beach" or "fine dining."

Price: overpriced for what you get. We are looking for something better in the Jacksonville Beach area.

I won't go again and I recommend you look elsewhere too

1  Thank Itravelforfood