“I don't really like Mexican food/tacos, but this place is something special”
Review of TacoLu

TacoLu
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Muldraugh, Kentucky
“I don't really like Mexican food/tacos, but this place is something special”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I am not a huge Mexican food guy, but while in Jacksonville earlier this year I ate TacoLu twice and wish I had gone back more. TacoLu specializes in tacos (soft) that are nothing like you have ever had in your life. For instance, the Carne Royal taco is carne steak with brie cheese and grape salsa...that's right, grape salsa. Now, I know what you are thinking, "That sounds nasty"... you do not know how wrong you are because I thought the same thing until I put it in my mouth. If you like Mexican food (this place really isn't even Mexican) and tacos, then you have to go. The atmosphere is very eclectic and it adds to the explosion of flavor that is going to happen in your mouth when you eat here. Very, very affordable. Eat. Here. Now.

• Visited September 2011

Jacksonville, Florida
“Best little hole-in-the-wall Taco place in Jacksonville”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This was my first time visiting TacoLu and everything about it was fantastic. The food was fabulous, I recommend the Avocado Taco. Drinks were reasonably priced, and the lights and ambiance made it a fun way to spend Friday evening. We didn't take the kids with us this time, but it was a very family friendly restaurant and we'll be sure to bring them next time.

• Visited October 2011
Lakeland, Florida
“You'll love it if you're adventurous with food”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I used to live in Jax and had never visited Taco Lu. We went to Jax for a quick weekend trip and stopped in to TacoLu. I was pleasantly surprised! The food was great. But I must say, if you are not adventurous with food you may not like it. I enjoy trying new things and new combinations, so for me it was FABULOUS. The tacos are great and reasonably priced, but the drinks are a little overpriced.

• Visited September 2011
Florida
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This is hard for me to write because I have raved about Taco Lu's for years & sent many friends there. My husband & I both feel that our last 3 visits were less than stellar. First, the menu has changed slightly- some of the basics/stand by's are off the menu. It seems they are going for more "unusual" items instead of the mix of basics (chicken taco) and more unusual variations (cheeseburger/pickle taco). More frustrating is that the flavoring has changed- it's like every item had an overpowering flavor. Either too spicy, or too much cilantro or something. Last time my husbands food was swimming in sauce & mine was dry (meat overcooked & no sauce). Guacamole is still good but I think we'll stay away for a while. So sad! (It gets very loud when it's busy in there)

• Visited June 2011
St. Augustine, Florida
“GO GO GO”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The only thing I can possibly find wrong with the Lu is that it isn't franchised - so i can't go more often. I'm a Jax native and travel a bunch but rest assured, when I'm home, I'm there!. It's THE best, most creative food in Jax for a great price. I recommend: QUESO, Bangin' Shrimp Taco, and if the Royale is on special, eat it up...And of course, a margarita (or three).

• Visited July 2011