“Bad Management”

Bark Central Dog Park
Ranked #8 of 17 things to do in Inverness
More attraction details
Owner description: Bark Central Dog Park is a privately run 20-acre recreation area where dogs can run, play and swim in a safe environment. Make it a day; bring food and drink while your pet enjoys the following: 15 acres of off-leash areas enclosed by six-foot chain link fencing; separate small and large dog areas; filtered swimming ponds; lots of trees; three training yards for individual or group use; outdoor rinse station; temperament screening. Proof of rabies and DHLPPC vaccinations required.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bad Management”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The park is a nice facility with plenty of trees and a small natural pond for swimming.

Unfortunately 3 out of 5 times I've been there with my 2 dogs we had some bad experiences with aggressive dogs there.

One time one dog ended up with a bad injury of his eye due to an attack of another dog (he needed to get stitches at the vet). I was lucky I got my dogs away from it before it even started. The lady that owned the dog just said, that her dog is a bit protective (!!!).

I went to the park management to ask them if they knew that lady and her dogs and they said yes and that they know that this dog is protective but that nothing besides growling ever happened and that the lady comes to the park everyday ever since it was opened.

I expressed that I don't feel that knowingly aggressive dogs should be allowed in the facility.

Anyhow, they ensured me that they would find a solution and send me a note about the outcome. I never got any message. Meantime I heard from other people that there have been more problems with this dog but dog and lady are still is allowed in the park.

Sorry, but this is not safe and bad management! Not worth a 40min ride and 15 dollars entree fee.

Too bad, the park is nice

Visited December 2013
10 Thank Bebopblue

silver springs
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great park”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Haven't really taken my dog thhere just stopped and looked at it when we were out on a ride, we actually live in another county. It looked great thoug

Visited October 2012
3 Thank campinfl
Baghdad, Iraq
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome place”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We took our dog hereafter times. The staff on the first visit were awesome, they showed us the facility and showers, explained everything to us. Then it was play time, my dog (rhodesian ridgeback) had a blast. They have a pond and he loved it. Great place and great times.

5 Thank Vince K
Dunnellon, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best dog park ever!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am a member of the park, and have been for around 2 1/2 years now, although it says below that I visited in October, 2011, that was the oldest date offered and the review cannot be submitted without a date. My dogs absolutely love being there, in fact, they know my routine, and when it's getting time to start getting ready to go, they pace around, stare at me and complain to me that we haven't left yet! It is so nice for them, they can run, play, stalk squirrels, swim, catch balls, and if they're strong enough, swing from the big tree with the rope & ball hanging from it. It's alot of fun to watch them make friends and run/play with them. Sometimes, one chasing another will wind up in a long line of dogs running from one side of the park to the other. The members are friendly, and the staff is awesome. So, if you're travelling this way, and you's like a great place to take your dog[s], this is definitely it!!!!

Visited October 2011
5 Thank Kathryn C
Britt, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were just visiting the area for a couple of weeks and they allowed us to bring our dog in for a very minimal fee. She absolutely loved it. She met some great dogs and we met great people. Thank you George for allowing us to use your facility. We will definately return.

Visited January 2012