“Just as good as the last time.”

Stumpknockers on The Square
Ranked #5 of 87 Restaurants in Inverness
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Adirondacks NY
“Just as good as the last time.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The service is great, the food is better and the prices are as good as they get. Everyone was very happy with their meals. This is a must do everytime we are in town.

Visited May 2013

Homosassa, Florida
“Average food, poor service”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Two of us arrived at 11:30 today (5/10/13) and our two guests arrived by 11:35. The host/manager (?) seated us and sent a waitress over to take our drink orders. About ten minutes, after the drinks arrived, I had to ask a busboy to please ask our waitress to come by to take our food orders. After another delay, she arrived to take our orders. The food arrived at 12:20. I'm told the two hamburgers were good as were the fries. One guest ate 1/2 of her mahi-mahi and left the rest. My grouper was over cooked and had a bone in it that nearly went into the inside of my cheek. The food was average enough such that I wouldn't have done a review, but the poor service made me do it!

• Visited May 2013
Summerfield, Florida
“A Passable Second”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Compared to the original Stumpknockers on the river, the one in town is not nearly as good. Even the cole slaw has a different flavor.

Ocala, Florida
“Great Seafood!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Everything I have ever eaten here has been spot-on. Try it for yourself and see what you have been misssing! I know you will return as I have many times. Service is attentive and prices are budget friendly.

Visited January 2013
South Lyon, Michigan
“Friendly waitstaff, cute old Florida fishing decor, good food.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Don't let the name throw you off - we weren't impressed with it - 'stump-knocking' - what IS that? Well, it;s a bream-type fish that hangs around the 'stumps' in the lakes. Very cute place. We were seated and waited on promptly by a friendly, smiling lady named Avis. She was very pleasant and explained the menu to us when we had questions. My husband ordered the frog legs and I ordered blackened grouper. The soup that came with the meal was a cajun stew - absolutely delish. My husband had a cup of homemade cream of mushroom - also served piping hot and was excellent. The 'mushrooms' he ordered as a 'side' were actually an appetizer of piping hot fried mushrooms - not something we usually indulge in, but these were great!

The only thing we didn't care much for were the vegetable sides - hubby's was corn on the cob - looked/tasted like the frozen variety - not much flavor; mine was the carrots/beans combo - I think they were canned. Otherwise the baked sweet potatoe was nice as were the hushpuppies.

We'd go back anytime to try other menu items. The place wasn't overly busy - which is too bad really - as they're probably losing customers to that awful Outback restaurant down the road a few miles. Folks, let go of the chains and try some good local food, Hopefully the owner will catch on and stop serving those frozen/canned veggies - a small amount of something fresh would be a dazzler ie asparagus or even a few freshly picked green beans.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MichiganQui1ter

Been to Stumpknockers on The Square? Share your experiences!