Central Motel
$95
Travelocity
$66
Official Hotel
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscinnamon sticksbike trailnewer buildingfloral cityexcellent breakfastmain roadreasonable ratesnon smoking roomtwo nightssmall refrigeratorroom was cleanpillow casesgreat ratecrystal riverplace to staycoffee potbicycle storage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2006

My husband and I stayed here based on the reviews here and we were very disappointed. The rooms are large and clean, except for the floors which are carpeted. I put my socks on every time I got out of bed to walk around and by the end of the 3 days we were there, my socks were black on the bottom. The shower was awful. The water coming out of the nozzel was spraying outward too far, forcing water all over the bathroom floor. The spray was so intense that it stung a little. I made these reservations way in advance, but they gave us a room on the first floor right in front of where the 2nd floor stairs come down, so we heard someone bringing down their suitcase (on wheels) one evening. The worst part of staying here, was that they kept messing up our reservation based on how many nights we were there. When we first checked in, the man at the desk knew that we were staying for 3 nights, but every day after that a new woman at the desk messed up our reservation. The first evening she said that our reservation was only for 1 night, we told her we were there for 3 nights. Then the second morning we were there, someone knocked on our door, my husband had to get dressed and answered the door and it was the maid saying that we were suppose to be leaving that day. My husband told here that we had reservations for one more day! I felt that they were very incompetent. For one thing it wasn't even 10:00 AM and check out is at 11 AM. Don't they bother to check with the front desk and see if we checked out and dropped off the keys before they start cleaning rooms? Also, the light sitting on the table with the phone, did not have a light bulb in it, so we told the same woman at the front desk and she said it would be taken care of, it wasn't. No one ever put a bulb in the lamp, so when I made phone calls, I could barely see. When we checked out we told her that a bulb was never put in the lamp and she said that we should have come to the desk and got one ourselves. Be aware that if you make any LOCAL calls, which we did, we had to meet with our realtor, they charge you. Local calls should be FREE, but they're not, we had to pay $5 in local calls, added to our bill! We did eat at their Happy Dayz Diner one morning for breakfast and it was very good. My husband was very disappointed with this reservation I made and we WILL NOT stay here again! The next time we're in the area, which is once a year, we will stay at the Best Western Citrus Hill Lodge in Hernando. We have stayed there before and we like it a lot better than The Central Motel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank VictoryInJesus
Reviewed September 5, 2006

We have stayed at this quaint little motel several times as family members relocated to Inverness. Each time we have stayed we have found it to be consistant across the board. Always clean and well maintained, bedding up to date. It's been a pleasure staying there. I work in the travel industry, staying in hotels across the country and this little motel exceeded expectation. The staff has always been helpful and pleasant. Even though it is located on a major route, the noise from traffic is minimal. We always hesitate to stay at local, non-brand named motels, but this experience proved to be well worth it. There was a new building in the process of being constructed when we stayed which was due to open in 2006. The motel only offers basic ammenities, so if you're looking for the Hilton, this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank banannie61
Reviewed August 12, 2006

Stayed here for 3 days while working in Inverness, and was quite pleased.

There is not much lodging in the area, but I "lucked out" with this one!

The room was large, clean and in good repair. There is also a cute "diner" type restaurant adjacent (great food) so eating wasn't a problem.

Clean linen everyday! Local newspaper, too.

Only shortcoming was that there were no iron/ironing board in the room.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank kathyh4
A TripAdvisor Member
Inverness, Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2005

We have just relocated to the quaint town of Inverness and had the opportunity to stay at The Central Motel for two weeks - waiting for our house to be finished. We immediately felt at home in their large, comfortable and clean accommodations. The staff was very helpful and it was clear that they are a very family oriented team. Although we were anxious to get into our home, the experience at the motel was definately a pleasure and we look forward to accommodating our family and friends that visit at this top notch facility.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 9, 2004

We chose the Central Motel as our destination in order to be in close proximity to the Withlacoochee Biking Trail. Entering the trail is a short ride from the motel and a very short ride over grass if you are on a mountain bike.
The motel advertises large, clean rooms and this is exactly what you get. I was surprised at the size of the room and not dissapointed at the level of cleanliness. We asked for a room in the back of the motel since it is situated on a busy highway. Our room opened on to the trail (a fence prohibited free access) and was quiet and peaceful. Although the hotel was totally booked during our weekend stay the guests were friendly and well mannered. There is a 50's diner on the property which we did not visit. Instead we ate breakfast at a wonderful hometown eatery called the "Cockadoodledoo."
The people who manned the front desk were polite but not overly so and didn't go out of their way to be helpful although I cannot say that they did not fulfill our few requests.
The Central Motel is a wonderful location if you want to stay in a convenient location with access to lakes and a wonderful biking trail. The accommodations are basic but definetely satisfactory. What you see is what you get!

14  Thank Bicyclemanics