“Very good Choice - You wont regret!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Central Motel

Central Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Inverness
Grand Bahama Island
“Very good Choice - You wont regret!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2008

We booked three rooms for Memorial Day Weekend, we had lots of activities planned around the area including a day trip to a farm, canoing and shopping in Orlando.
The location is great, easy to find and lots of food and shopping choices nearby.
The hotel is very clean, the water has a very specific taste but I know that is the case in that area of Florida. Is not just them.
Very good cleaning service, helpful front desk, is a great choice and don't hesitate to book if you need to go to that area.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Indira C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2008

We stayed for two nights while we explored the Nature Coast area. Easy access to many areas. Front desk was helpful Room was clean and quiet. Plenty of food choices and other stores nearby.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank reb18
mentor, ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2007

Have a daughter that lives in Inverness with a new grandchild. We have made several trips to Inverness and always stay at this motel. After reading the negative review, I had to post our experience. We have NEVER had a problem with cleanliness, in fact, it is the cleanest motel we have found in our travels. Always comfortable and as to the water smelling like kerosene - they are in the city limits - it is city water - maybe she meant chlorine? The water is very good. Would defintely recommend - but they are very busy so make your reservation if you know you will be in the area - Location on the bike trail is also very convenient - we love to walk to the little parks on the lake just about ten minutes away on the path. Safe and secure area. Overall - great place and wonderful staff - see the same faces everytime we stay!

• Liked — Cleanliness and Comfortable Rooms
  • Disliked — We could not stay longer!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank proudgrannie
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2007

Found this motel by chance - was very impressed with cleanliness, staff and service. I travel often and it is getting more and more difficult to find clean accommodations at a fair price. This place more than fit the bill. They have a new addition but I actually stayed in one of the original rooms as it was very large and roomy and has been recently updated. Very comfortable, like home feel. we will definately return.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank dededemom
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2007

In a nut shell:
- I stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend.
- The first night I immediately spotted a blood stain about 3 inches wide on the under side of the blanket at the foot of the bed.
- Management apologized, blamed their new cleaning staff for the oversight, and put us in a larger room at no extra cost.
- Not sure if it's a motel wide problem or just the room we were in, but the water from the bathroom sink smelled and tasted of kerosene. REALLY disgusting.
- The older gentleman that works overnight at the front desk was very nice, but this is the only good thing I can say about the motel.
We wont be staying here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bloody blankets and foul tasting water
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Orange Park, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2006

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone! We went to the diner on site to eat breakfast at 7:15AM and when we walked back across the parking lot to our room, the door was open and stuff was stolen! All the sheets had been stripped and towels taken out of the room...along with my camera! Of course the hotel will not assume responsibility and are trying to tell me I misplaced my stuff. If you do stay here, be sure not to leave anything in the room you would miss. Who strips the sheets at 7:00 AM anyway? What if I wanted to get a bite to eat and go back to bed? Not an option at this hotel.

• Liked — Close to venue we were visiting
  • Disliked — Housekeeping left my door open and my camera was stolen
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not take anything valuable into the room
  • Stayed December 2006
2 Thank bondos4
tadkisson, Manager at Central Motel, responded to this review, December 6, 2006
I am writing in response to the negative review stating that items were stolen from their room at The Central Motel This room was one of several booked as a group reservation at the motel. One of the guests with the group came to the front desk in the morning and checked out with the front desk clerk - the clerk asked him if all the rooms were checking out - the gentleman stated they were. The housekeepers then began to strip the rooms as is normal when the guests have checked out. The only item in the room in question was a Crockpot that was left plugged in. The luggage was gone. When the guest returned, she stated she was missing a camera - she called the motel insisting I pay her $275.00 or she would contact her lawyer and notify every review outlet on the internet to hurt our reputation. We take pride in our facility and the housekeepers in question have been with the motel for over five years - they are very hurt by these accusations as well and sorry the camera was lost. We take pride in our facility and do our best to make every guest 's stay a safe and pleasant experience. It is unfortunate that this incident happened but I can assure you this is the one and only incident of this kind. Please read the other reviews. Our reputation speaks for itself. If you have any questions or concerns, contact me personally. Thank you - Teri Adkisson Manager
West Palm Beach, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2006

I have stayed in this wonderful motel several times in the past year. I have friends in the area and plan to relocate to Inverness myself within the next few months. I must say, in all of my experiences , the motel has the feeling of a comfortable, clean home away from home. The staff is always courteous and efficient, the rooms very clean and the buildings in very good condiition. I have never had any problems with my reservations and with 24 hour security, even arriving at 1 or 2 a.m. has not been a problem. Book early though as they stay very busy - especially on weekends and during the winter season. They have recently opened a new building with meeting rooms and DSL access.

The rates are very reasonable and by far the best place to stay in the area. I will continue to recommend and use the motel for visiting friends after my relocation. Don't hesitate to stay here as you will not be disappointed.

• Liked — CLEANLINESS, EFFICIENT STAFF, LOCATION
  • Tips/Secrets — BOOK EARLY!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank BrittBrat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverness
Holiday Inn Express Inverness
Days Inn Crystal River
Days Inn Crystal River
#6 of 9 in Crystal River
BEST WESTERN Crystal River Resort

Been to Central Motel? Share your experiences!