“Dont order the lobster roll, and no beer?”
Review of Peppermint Patties - CLOSED

Peppermint Patties
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 2, 2013

first of all a lobster roll for that price should reflect substance. The lobster roll was literally 4 bites and barely had any lobster in it? i should have sent it back when it was placed on the table, but was hungry. This size roll should be either placed on the appetizer menu or there should be two on the plate for that price. I had to order an appetizer after my 15.99 lobster roll!
The Cuban sandwich was good..

1  Thank cathy t
mwfournier, Owner at Peppermint Patties, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

All of our food is shipped from New England, the lobster rolls come right from Providence RI and the lobster meat from Maine, we don't add fillers or cut it with imitation lobster like other restaurants it is a 6'' roll with 4 oz of knuckle and claw meat just like in New England however we pay airfare to bring it here!! As for No Beer.....We are a BYOB restaurant meaning you are welcome to bring your own beer or wine and we will keep it cold for you or cork your wine bottle (at NO charge) But we will not apologize for choosing to not put the fate of our business in the hands of a drunk driver.!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and myself tried this restaurant for the first time, both very pleasantly surprised. We ate at 3pm which is an odd time, only 1 other couple there. We both had the New England Seafood platter. I had shrimp and scallops on mine and he had shrimp and whole belly clams, both came with a large piece of haddock, french fries and coleslaw. We had an appetizer of onion rings which were delicious, light and crisp and fresh. We had passed this restaurant before and it was packed now I know why. The other couple said it was their first time too and they loved the New England Clam Chowder, I will try that next time. We will definitely be back.

The restaurant was very clean as was the rest room.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

True New Englander's may find some disappointment paying $15 for a lobster roll in a hot dog bun. Granted, a Boston lobster roll is generally served on a similar hot dog style grilled bun, but in Boston, they stuff em full and heavy for about $10. Peppermint Patties are somewhat tasty, but way light on the lobster.
The "grouper" sandwich was most likely more like something from the perch family, certainly not from the grouper family. It was virtually inedible after just two bites. Fortunately, the fry oil was fairly fresh because the fried haddock tasted of nothing but the fryer oil. I've had the whole belly clams, and they are pretty good, but just be prepared for a plateful of fried food. The onion rings are nicely breaded and deep fried, but again, just like the haddock, they are tasteless. Nothing special about the potato salad and cole slaw either. Come to think of it, this is like seafood night at the old folks home ! Just not as cheap. Yeee Haww !!!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our friends from MA, who are real NE seafood critics and my husband and I went to Peppermint Patties on Sunday. The restaurant was very cute and neat. Our service was very good and our food was delicious. Only one problem, we ordered Lobster Roll and for the price, there wasn't a whole lot of lobster in it. Mind you, it was very good but a little pricey for the amount you got. Our friends ordered their baked haddock and said it was excellent. It's worth the visit, I'm sure you'll like it. Will go back for sure.

1  Thank marecoll
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Excellent..best in inverness.. I would definately return. From new England myself and it definately compares..

1  Thank franklinkichar