“Old Florida Charm Inn”

Ranked #1 of 1 Indiantown B&B and Inns
South Florida, Florida
“Old Florida Charm Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We drove out to Indiantown to stay at the Seminole Inn for my birthday night. We love the old charm the Inn offers, it was built in 1926. It's a great place to go to get away from the busy tourist areas we live in and around. We had an adorable room, clean, comfortable bed for sure, nice pillows and sheets. The people are very kind that work there. Lots of game boards to enjoy like the old days. The dinner was very good, they don't serve alcohol there but we bought our own bottle of wine and they are very happy to open it and serve it to you. The pool is way in the rear of the property along palm trees and very gardens. We had it all to ourselves. Brunch there is fantastic, as always, we drive out there for their brunch many times and we are never let down. Best Florida food, served up.

1 Thank Colleen H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

After looking at other reviews, I wondered if I stayed in the same place. My husband and I came for Sunday Brunch (which was very good) and decided to stay over that night. We had made reservations in advance for two beds, and the price was very good. As we were checking in, I asked if the rooms were upstairs because there was no elevator. The check in person said "yes", but noticed that we were in our late sixties and my hubby has Parkinson's, so he kindly offered a room on the first floor. We gratefully accepted, especially since he said it was a "suite" for the same price. They needed some time to get it ready, even though it was about the normal check in time, No problem; we took a drive and enjoyed the rural area. Our room contained a double bed, with a few old lamps, a very small (tiny) bath and a connecting room with two twin beds. Both rooms had a TV. The beds were neatly made and seemed adequate, although the lighting was a bit sparse. The problem is that the Inn is very old. It is quaint and charming, until you get to the rooms. Then it becomes obvious that it's really just VERY OLD. The room had carpeting that was very worn and stained, cheap plastic blinds that didn't close well, furniture that was so old the dresser drawers were warped and hard to open. It was very humid and the air conditioner did an ok job with coolness, but not with humidity. The bed was very damp and so were my clothes the next day.

The bed looked fine, but the mattress was very old. The pillow cases and top sheet looked freshly laundered, but not the bottom sheet. It was worn and pilled and wrinkled enough to look like it had not been changed. My husbands bed, in the twin room, seemed fine but there was a long black hair on his pillow. I am blonde and he is bald!

My room faced the back of the Inn and they left an outside light and ceiling fan running all night. It was shining in my room and the moving fan gave it an atmosphere like an old time honky tonk room in a cheap detective novel. It was, however, quiet.

The biggest problem with this Inn is the age and the lack of upgrades. It's ok to keep the charm and historical nature, but the rooms sorely need updating. Replicas of older furniture, would be fine, but the original wood is not practical in Florida. The room wasn't really clean and it felt (sorry to say) a little creepy. The floors were uneven, the bathroom tub had some mildew, the air conditioning filter was very clogged, and my door bolt didn't work. It has real potential if they would just update the rooms to make them easier to clean and more cheerful and bright. I am sorry to be so negative since they were nice enough to make it easier for us, but it just wasn't a comfortable atmosphere. It doesn't need to lose the ambiance, it just needs work. Perhaps they should just raise the price and do that. Since I didn't see the other rooms, I can't say whether ours was an exception.

7 Thank FlLuvstravel
Cape Coral, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Here's an "old Florida" southern charm inn, a flash back to the roaring 20's, days of Seminole Indians and cattle ranchers. The place is full of history but now an added touch of comfort with AC, TV's and Internet brings it into this century and much more comfortable.
We stayed for the long 4th of July 2013 weekend. We had a very memorable stay. If resting at the pool is too laid back then Stuart Fl is a short drive down the road where you can relax at the beaches.
Everyone needs to experience this Inn as it's as unique as it gets. A mixture of past and present Southern Charm. Don't miss the Sunday brunch as its another treasure this Inn offers!
Keith & Marie

South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Loooved it here.Totally unique. Rooms are special decor, not at all like your generic hotel. Cool bed and breakfast. The rooms are up a flight of stairs. Big garden with flowers, trees, benches and chairs. Beautiful and tropical, you can picnic or sit and relax. Private and tropical setting pool. Definitely a nice getaway. A note, if you want privacy or no room service then you'll need to tell the front desk to make note of it, apparently because some guests don't follow the protocol of using the door sign correctly it doesn't get taken seriously anymore. This is a situation I've encountered many times at different kinds of accommodations. I wish that hotels would honor the sign regardless, and not adjust their ways according to other guests. (For example, in my thinking, a law is a law and we don't change that to accommodate people who brake them, because then it affects other people who follow correct procedure). There needs to be a consistent format.

Room Tip: Room 19 the king royal was awesome, but had a smoky smell, so if you dnt want to smell that, check f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I wanted to give my boyfriend a Father's Day present that will help him relax. I saw this hotel in Groupon and figured it would be worth the shot. I called and was pleased with how courteous they were. They did tell me that there was not much to do in town and that was ok with me since we just wanted to de stress. I think if you are open minded to this hotel, you will truly value and love it. It's from the 1920s and everything looks from that time period. We stayed Saturday night and their restaurant was only open to their guests..we were the only ones there for dinner and it was perfect to get all that attention and the food was of the highest quality...we even had homemade ice cream! When we were done the owner sat with us and told us the incredible story of the hotel...we were blown away. The next morning, we had their brunch which was delicious and well priced. We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We wanted a quick getaway and i've always wanted to stay at a bed-and-breakfast so I purchased a groupon...when we arrived the parking lot was unpaved with gravel....the lobby was musty with huge industrial fans blowing (and it was June in Florida) the rugs were dirty, the furniture appeared dirty and old, oversll the place looked rundown to say the least. We reserved a "queen"room and the bed looked like a toddler bed, my husband who is 6'5" could not fit in this bed. Needless to to we left at around 10:30 pm and booked two nights at the Hampton Inn in Stuart..we just did not feel comfotable in this hotel at all....this hotel/inn had potential but it is in great need for an upgrade!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Jali64
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night in January 2013 for business. It’s a neat hotel and walking in the front door it feels like the 1920s. I was there on a Monday, so the restaurant was closed. There is a large lobby on the first floor and a large sitting area on the second floor with couches and chairs. My room was fine—small and cozy. I suspect each room is individually furnished. My only real complaint is the lack of electrical outlets and the inability to get wifi in the room. I had to sit in the common area.

Good value considering it's the only hotel in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank scrappy56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiantown
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Stuart
BEST WESTERN Downtown Stuart
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
#9 of 11 in Stuart
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
#1 of 10 in Jupiter

Been to Seminole Country Inn? Share your experiences!