“The Seminole Inn”

Ranked #1 of 1 Indiantown B&B and Inns
West Palm Beach, Florida
“The Seminole Inn”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Just like my grandmother used to described it. it has a beautiful charm to it.
i was just there for mother's day and let me tell you my experience there,
my family and i got there and the lobby was packed with people and althought it was very busy we did not have to wait more then 15 min. to get seated.
once we made it to our table food was great the girls that served us were very kind i tell you my mom loved it i think we want to go back again for another holiday.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank fer h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We did the Sunday brunch and it seems arrival time is key to a great experience. We were seated at 12:30 pm after a short wait which we used to explore the murals upstairs in the hotel hallways. The murals depict Florida Seminole indian history and are very interesting. Fried chicken was the highlight of the brunch and even though we did arrive late into the service the other items were very good too.

Cobbler and homemade biscuits were other highlights of this landmark B&B in Indiantown. I reccomend sitting outside on the porch if you are dressed for the weather. Service is a bit lacking so be prepared to serve yourself after all it is a buffet. We did not stay in the hotel but I noticed the guests have a separate dinning room and service staff. Overall we would enjoy a return trip to The Seminole Inn. I'm sure its best to arrive early even if the wait is more.

Room Tip: Pool was dirty and out of service when we visited
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank ciggie231
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Arrived at our seats at 12:40 pm. Very hungry I might add. In a few minutes we received our menus. Not much to order from. Looked at the buffet...everything looked dry and again, not much to choose from. We placed our order for a few sandwiches and then waited...and waited...server stopped by and asked "are you ready to order, just kidding" I don't think he was kidding, as we then waited...and waited...and after 40 minutes, left! I don't know and will never know how the dinners or brunches are, but don't waste your time on lunch. Also, not inexpensive either. Two sandwiches with fries...$18, and thats without a drink, tip and tax.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Suntanjam
FL
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I called to make reservations for a party of 28 and was told the tables seat 4 each so the people in my party would have to divide up into groups of 4. Upon arriving, we were pleasantly surprised to find a long table had been arranged to accomodate us. The spread was impressive: waffles, roast beef, chicken, real mashed potatoes, biscuits and gravy, sweet potato casserole, cooked carrots, peach cobbler, too many dishes to remember them all. It was a buffet so most of us got up more than once. Problem was the server didn't remove the dirty plates and we were piling them up wherever we could find room while a group of servers chatted behind the cash register. It was clear we were on our own and they were just waiting for us to leave. Food was good. I've had worse and I've had better.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank BirdwomanFL
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 17, 2011

The Sunday Brunch is so delicious. The fried chicken is almost as good as my Grandmas, the vegetables are all made from fresh vegetables, no canned or frozen veggies here. I love the waffles, the cobbler, the sweet potato casserole, it is all good. My only negative comment is that the roast beef could be more tender. The staff is friendly and he place is very clean. Please take an old fashioned Sunday drive to this place, it is worth the trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank cynj__11
Coconut Grove, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Just got back from a day trip to the Seminole Inn, after reading a strongly positive review of the restaurant and the hotel in the Miami Herald. What a disappointment! The review emphasized the excellent southern cooking; focussing on the fried green tomato sandwiches, the fried chicken, the excellent deserts, etc. We arrived at 1:00 P.M. on a Tuesday afternoon after a 1.5 hour drive from our home in Miami. Upon our arrival we were told that they were out of fried green tomatoes, that their fried chicken was only served on Friday's and Sundays, etc. We persevered, thinking that what was left of their $6.95 "all you can eat" buffet would be decent. We were wrong, The baked chicken was mediocre. Everything else was worse. I am a southerner. Even a yankee wouldn't eat their three remaining biscuits -- all cold and hard as rocks. The two end pieces of cornbread were also stone cold. The mashed potatoes were mealy, the peas inedible, etc. A request for butter went seemingly unanswered -- after I second request I was told it had been added to the buffet table and I could get it myself. No jam or honey was offered and none were in sight. At this point no one else was in the restaurant but me and my daughter. When we finished our meals, ten minutes later, the two $6.95 orders came out to $18 and change. Apparently tea (and desert, which we didn't bother ordering, given our other culinary experiences) are extra. So here is may conclusion: the Sunday brunch might be decent, dinners might be decent, the hotel might be decent, but don't ever drive out for the weekday brunch. You'll get a better, cheaper, truer Southern meal at McDonald's!!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank John M
Jupiter
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Had the pleasure of having sunday brunch here last week! All foods were home made Southern style, truly a great experience the peach cobbler was out this world thank you Courney and staff it was wounderful, worth the wait and the drive, we will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank islandrick49
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiantown
Clarion Inn
Courtyard Stuart
Courtyard Stuart
#4 of 11 in Stuart
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Quality Inn Stuart
Quality Inn Stuart
#8 of 11 in Stuart

Been to Seminole Country Inn? Share your experiences!