“Great value and superb sunsets”
Review of Bay & Beach Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Shores
Bay & Beach Club
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My family and I recently spent a week here. It was a 2 bedroom top floor unit overlooking the beach. The resort includes a pool and hot tub and miles of great white sand beach. The beach was never crowded and this section of Gulf Blvd is only two lanes and therefore does not experience near as much traffic and noise as other sections. It feels like a residential neighbourhood. The staff were very accomodating. Movies are available for rent and there is a storage locker full of beach toys. There is a barbeque on site as well, but we did not use it. Indian Shores and this condo development offer everything a cold Canadian needs in April. I highly recommend it. My family liked it so much that I bought a timeshare at it when I came home. Take a look on their website for photos. They accurately reflect what you will find. Pay the extra money for the beach front units. The views are worth it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank shorswill

Reviewed October 2, 2009

For the most part, we enjoyed our stay. It was everything we were looking for in regards to peace and quiet. I think it had something to do with the time of year. No kids. They were back to school, so the beach and resort were very quiet.
We spent every day down at the pool which overlooks the beach. Our condo was across the street on the Bay side. We had the view of the bay which was gorgeous and to go to the beach, we just had to cross the street.
The staff was excellent and efficient. We had discovered our coffee pot was broken and was immediately given a brand new coffee pot.
There was no housekeeping for the week, but there is a full size washer and dryer, so we just washed our own sheets.
The buildings are old. Constructed probably in the 1970's. They have popcorn ceilings. So, on the outside they don't look like much. However, once you walk into the condo, it is very nice.
I do have a couple complaints. The couch and the bed were not comfortable. The couch is made with a plastic fabric (for easy cleanup for spills or people coming in with wet bathing suits is my guess) which made us feel like we were splipping around while trying to watch tv. The bed isn't the worst I've slept on, but for me, it must be comfortable. We didn't get a decent night sleep the entire week. I would toss and turn all night trying to get comfortable. And the pillows need to be replaced!!! I kept smelling something that smelled like poop. Well, I figured it out half way through the night that it was the pillow that smelled like that. I switched it out with the extra one in the closet. But, when I took the covers off to wash them, they were all stained with drool. Yuck.
Such a shame, because this place has so much going for it and I'd be back there in a heart beat, but because of the furniture being so uncomfortable, I think I will look for another place to stay. However, if I do return, I'll go to Walmart and buy a cheap pillow and maybe see how much an egg crate mattress would be.
I am going to say, I will recommend it but get your own pillows and stay only if you don't care about the furniture. The location is perfect and the place is cheap for what you get.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DMonette
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Our stay was quite a surprise. This place was extremely clean. The condo was large and bright. It was great to have the ability to do laundry. The kitchen was well appointed with glassware, pots, pans, utensils, etc. The linens were clean and smelled good. The pool is small, but does have a large hot tub. The beach is accessed from the pool. There is covered parking. The elevator runs really slowly-it's better to take the stairs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were all really surprised at how great this place was! Great little beach town with lots of restaurants and all necessities near by.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank cubanita1967
Reviewed November 27, 2007

The place is just wonderful. The balcony is huge, extending the entire length of your unit, so that you can walk out from the living room or the master bedroom. It also was furnished nicely, with one lounge chair and a dining height table with four chairs. We spent a LOT of time out there enjoying the view. You're not surrounded by high-rise condo's here in Indian Shores, but rather, on one side, an ornate 5 or 6 story building, and on the other, small beach houses that probably pre-dated most else on the beach. We felt like we had our own private beach, almost no crowds in mid-October.

As stated elsewhere, the units are large and well-equipped, yet the resort has a small feeling to it. With basically the only amenities the pool and the beach (large poolside hot tub, and yes, a tiki bar, but not with servers - a bring-your-own bar), it offers a nice feeling of seclusion that for me was infinitely better than if I'd been at a huge, impersonal resort. This place has only four floors, with four units on each floor. We actually got to know a few of the others who were staying there, as we saw them quite often, at the pool or on the way to the beach. Can't tell you anything about the building on the intracoastal side, but we did walk over to the little dock and it was just serene and peaceful. A really great place, and I WILL go back again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Amy D
Reviewed November 25, 2007

What a fabulous find is this place for families and couples who want to enjoy the beach, weather, close to airport, and great seafood restaurants. We recommend a little bar a few miles south called Wahoo - best grouper sandwich!
These are HUGE condos, 1450 square feet, two bedrooms, two full baths, family-sized kitchen, dining area, and family room, two TVs, microwave, full sized refrigerator and stove, dishwasher, and en-suite washer and dryer.
Decor was a little dated but clean and bright. Our kitchen and bath cabinets showed definite wear and tear. But still everything is fully equipped with place settings for 8 people and plenty of towels and beach towels.
The white expanse of beach, a private heated pool with large jacuzzi, Tiki bar with stools, and outside restrooms, make it a perfect spot for swimming and sun-bathing. A gas grill is also available.
There are two buildings across from each other, one beach side and other on the Inter-coastal (for couples, the latter is the quieter of the two buildings and features two balconies, also you have a fishing dock, for families, opt for beach side and you can watch the kids swim from your balcony).
A unique feature in the bay building is the elevator stops and opens to your own balcony, no noisy hallways with kids running down it all night.
NOTE: Avoid the 8 condos that face only the highway. (There are 24 condos in the two buildings)
We're almost sorry to tell you about this because we are going back next year.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank erieshark
Reviewed August 22, 2007

We visit Indian Shores every January and enjoy Bay & Beach Club on Gulf Blvd.

The beach is beautiful and it's a short drive to Clearwater or Busch Gardens Tampa.

I don't know why these rental condos are not listed under Hotels for this area, they are hugh and really nice (all 2 bedroom with a full size washer & dryer).

6  Thank anne1125