“Save your money and go elsewhere”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Shores
Barrett Beach Bungalows
Reviewed July 18, 2010

My previous review of this property was deleted so I will try again and limit my comments . I gave the property a negative review and would not recommend this place. The negatives were many and outweighed the positive. I do not understand the positive reviews because that is not what we nor our friends experienced. The property WAS DIRTY and NO ONE (including the owner) came around to check on the property for 10 days. We had to clean the pool ourselves. The property was good for our dogs and it was quiet, but that was it. We have stayed at many places on the beach over the years and this was by far our worse experience. Parking was limited to one vehicle per unit. Two vehicles (unless 2 compacts) do not fit. We were expecting the "old time charm" but did not expect the property to be dirty. The laundry room facilities were filthy and the heater on the hot tub did not work. That was OUR experience and I hope my review is not deleted again. I hope this is helpful for anyone looking to stay here. GOOD LUCK!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank old_beach_lovers
Flalizard, Owner at Barrett Beach Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2010

This guest was disgruntled from the beginning to end. We couldn't let them check in early or check out late which apparently made them VERY angry. ALL of our Resv Paperwork clearly explains we cannot accomodate early or late check ins.
Regarding their comments:
1. Property being "Dirty" I don't know what he was talking about?? I am in SSL (Superior Small Lodging). They do surprise inspections to check properties routinely. I have their 2010 report that I passed and everything was fine. I am happy to supply anyone with a copy or you can contact them directly.
2. "No one came to check property for 10 days" He was only here 7 days so that alone is inaccurate. I live on the property, maids are here at least 2x/week plus I have a weekly pool service. Yes some pine needles do get into the pool but its nothing to ruin a vacation.
3. "Hot tub broken" My property does not advertise a Hot Tub anywhere on any websites. I bought a tiny portable hot tub for a problem with my back for my personal use. I guess I need to put a sign on it.
4. "Parking spaces tight" Yes we are a small place so it is true. Each bungalow gets 2 parking spaces tandem (one in front of the other). I have had a Land Rover and Lexus SUV parked tamnem with no problem. I am happy to email anyone a picture. Extra free public parking is directly across the street.
5. "Laundry room filthy" Well I wouldn't say filthy but I do not have a garage here so I keep tools, supplies, etc in there as well. With the salt air everything rusts so maybe that made him think it was "filthy". The washer and dryer work fine and I have a laundry line too. If you are choosing your vacation BASED solely on high quality of laundry facilities then my bungalows prolly aren't for you. :)
I work full time as a real estate broker. Often during the day I am gone out on appointments. But I am always JUST a phone call away if you have a problem or question.
If you like laid back atmosphere, quaint bungalows to enjoy the way Florida was before the condo development boom then please try them out. You won't be disappointed!
Thank you for your consideration!
Sincerely, Liz Barrett, Owner

Reviewed July 8, 2010

We had a great time at the DOLPHIN BUNGALOW at Barrett Beach Bungalows.

Beach and pool are terrific…not crowded, great to watch the sun set. The Dolphin Bungalow was comfortable – good beds, AC was nice and cool, WiFi convenient to keep our facebook page up to date with pictures from the day.

MY 3 sons loved the TVs in each bedroom so there was no fighting. Owner was nice and helpful with informaton about the area, she's lived here her whole life…gave us lots of tips on where to take our children for fun day trips.

We are planning on 4th trip to the bungalows for 2011.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Momand3beachboys
Reviewed July 4, 2010

we stayed in the Lobster Shack in June 2010. The bungalow was clean and pest free, which is hard to say in Florida. The bed was firm and comfortable. My 12 year old brought a friend, and they did not sleep on the fold out bed, but chose to sleep on the two couches...they slept fine. The a/c units were clean and ice cold. The WiFi and cable were working fine, but we didn't spend alot of time in the room. What we came for was the pristine beach just steps away from the Lobster Shack. I appreciated the pine tree right beside the pool because it kept the water cool and part of the pool shady. If you want privacy and a laid back beach experience, you will love this place. Pet friendly!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Butchsa1
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We will be returning here for the fourth time in 2011.
The old-fashioned bungalows are not luxurious but that's part of the charm for those of us who really hate the high-rises lining too many of Florida's beaches.
The beach is great, never ever crowded and seconds from your cottage's door, and the pool is very nice, too.
It's very pet-friendly and we've met lots of great people here, many of whom chose the place in part because they could bring their dogs. It's also a good place for kids
If you're very fussy and fastidious, this might not be the place for you but if what you're seeking is old-fashioned Florida charm, it's well worth a look

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nananance
Reviewed June 13, 2010

we totally agree with the review below, we were on vacation at the same time along with a family from New England who were equally disappointed with Barrett Bungalows. The service was non existent, no welcome or anyone to speak to about our issues. No wifi apart from next to the pool. We had to clean out the pool every time we wanted to use it and even then it was filling with pine needles throughout the day and the long list of rules stopped us from fully relaxing in case we inadvertantly broke one of them. It was our third trip to Indian Shores/Rocks and it still remains a beautiful spot, but we have stayed in much better accomodation. We stayed at Dolphin Den which is really close to the main road and felt the website photos generally were very misleading. We were just left with the feeling that it was all about making money and making sure people enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank dan6s7s
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Pet friendly was a plus and very convenient to the beach. The grounds around the pool were very unkept and dirty. The pool was not cleaned professionally during our stay. Some pet owners did not clean up after their dogs and it just stayed there. Don't even think of using the laundry facilities it creeps you out. Internet service was a joke. If you can overlook noisy air conditioners and a not so friendly owner then waste your money and stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mosholuz
Reviewed February 14, 2010

She wanted to charge for toilet paper and we had to sweep and clean the pool area ourselves. She actually wanted to have the room fumigated for "bugs" while we were staying.
Nice location...too many rules.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Sand Glo Villas
Sand Glo Villas
#2 of 21 in Indian Shores
Sun N Fun Beachfront Vacation Rentals

Been to Barrett Beach Bungalows? Share your experiences!