“our 2nd time”

Barefoot Beach Resort
Reviewed June 8, 2012

had a great time, our 2nd visit&will be back , our son&daughter in law will be going next week on 2nd week of their honeymoon, we will deffinatly be going back , fantastic location,staff&appartments thank you barefoot beach resort

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
bbvr, General Manager at Barefoot Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

How nice of you to write a review of Barefoot Beach Resort - thank you!

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here and that you'll be returning to see us.
We're also thrilled to have had the newlyweds with us at such an important part of their lives and hope they enjoyed it as well.

Hope you have a wonderful summer and we'll look forward to next year!

Bill Priakos & the Barefoot Gang

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I wish I had paid more attention to other reviews that talked about no balcony or outdoor space on 2nd floor. I really missed it. I could have been at home, what with no views, etc. If you book rooms facing the intercoastal on the first floor then I think you will be happy. All the other rooms on the first floor have tiny patios, some face road, pool, very public areas and so small, a few have fenced in patios on the back of the units. I would not have been comfortable relaxing there after a day at beach anyway.
The room I had D211 gives a very nice impression when you first go in. But as many of the pictures show you the bedrooms were so small. We had 2 bedroom with 1 bathroom. I didn't check that out before I committed but we only had 4 people for one of the nights, otherwise it was just me and my husband so the 1 bathroom was fine. After our guest left , my husband is over 6 feet , we both took a bedroom each.
The bedrooms both had one double bed in each of them. One could fit one end table on one side - no room for a second. it also had glass doors leading to I guess i closed in office/den - don't know. The 2nd and I assume master bedroom also full size bed did have end tables on both sides of bed, and a chest of drawers. I was taking that room and then immediately had to go to the other room with the glass doors, it was way too claustrophobic for me.
The cleanliness - overall i felt that the apartment looked cleaned. The kitchen was clean. The carpets in both bedrooms were really dirty. I think they might have been a low shag or some type of berber, very old and dirty looking. The tile floors throughout the rest of the condo, I felt had a sticky kind of feeling to it. Either dark and light grout or dirty grout. I was not comfortable taking a shower or walking around in bare feet. This could have been the cleaning product they use but I didn't like it.
Would I go back, no. The length of beaches from Clearwater to St. Peter has 100's of places like this --- so why not be on the beach, (instead of across the street) and have a balcony and enjoy what you probably really came to the beach area for.
The pool was so hot. Really, really warm.
Other guests during my stay were very nice, friendly, respectful people, with and without children.
The beach is just across the street, wonderful.
Right next door is a FABULOUS restaurant - Salt Rock - don't miss eating there.
So really think why you are going to the beach area and then decide for yourself if this is really a value stay. Not for me.

Room Tip: First floor only - 2nd floor rooms are like apartments anywhere
1  Thank DKAP

We do appreciate that you took the time to write a review of your recent stay here. All comments are reviewed and taken seriously so that we can provide a continually-improving stay for our guests.

We're glad you had chance to enjoy beautiful Indian Shores Beach - which really is only 50 steps from our front registration area - and hope you caught a sunset while here.

We agree that Salt Rock Grill is just a wonderful dining experience.

We hope you'll continue to come to the beautiful beaches of St.Petersburg-Clearwater and once again give us the opportunity to welcome you.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We booked our vacation through Allegiant Air and added Barefoot Beach Resort as our lodging based on the reviews I read on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed! We received an upgrade to one of the units with a patio on the innercoastal and it was beautiful. The unit was elegantly decorated and meticulously clean. There were plenty of towels, although I would suggest bringing your own bar of soap - they give you a small tube of bodywash which I don't care for. The bed wasn't very comfortable, but I'm spoiled at home. It was quiet and although I saw a few families, there was no loud partying or kids screaming. We walked to the beach each day and it was so relaxing. The landscaping and grounds were meticulously maintained and beautifully landscaped. They have outside grills for guest use and full kitchens in the units. There were even beach chairs and toys in our closet to borrow for the beach. Looks like most units don't have wireless, but the ethernet plugs into the laptop. Our unit did have a wireless modem, which we enjoyed. The Salt Rock Grill was next door, and I thought it was pricey but very good. We also ate at Seabreeze south a few miles which was excellent, and PJs which was casual and okay, and Dockside Daves. Order the grouper sandwich at Daves, battered. You won't even believe how good it is. They get fresh whole groupers and clean their own. Wonderful. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: You won't regret being on the innercoastal if you like it peaceful.
3  Thank jkpTulsaOK
bbvr, General Manager at Barefoot Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

We are so delighted you took time to share your vacation experience with others on Trip Advisor - and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Sounds like you had a good time with all the area dining opportunities, plus all that we have at the resort such as the pool, bbq units, etc., beach toys, etc. We want our guests to be happy!

Enjoy your summer in Tulsa and we hope you'll be back as soon as you can to visit your Barefoot family of friends!

Bill Pirakos

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Visited May 9-11. Had a room on the 2nd floor near road. There was a gapping gap at the bottom of the front door which allowed for all the road noise to filter into the room. The A/C made horrible noises at night. The room was small for 2 people. No house keeping, floors were nasty after 2 day stay and only a small trashcan in the bathroom. Only thing this place has going for it is that it’s located on the beach side. We mentioned these issues at checkout but they were uninterested.

Room Tip: Don’t stay here!
3  Thank Andriana1

Thank you for taking the time to respond; however, we are not located on the beach - we are directly across from the beach on Gulf Blvd. There have been others who confuse us because of the names, and we're sorry you had problems.

Feel free to check out our website at www.BarefootBeachResort.com We hope you will consider stayng with us on a future trip.

Thank you and have a great summer.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Spent one week at the resort in a two-bedroom condo. The condo was located in the middle of the complex, which made it convenient to the pool and the ocean beach across the street, It was nicely decorated and a much welcomed change from the usual motel room. Plenty of space and it made us feel like being at home. As has been written before, the staff members at the resort were very friendly and provided me with some good advice on local restaurants and facilities. In general, the condo and grounds were well-maintained and very clean and neat. We would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend the resort to others!

Note to the Barefoot Beach Resort management: The only complaint that the family had was the bed mattresses. We all (me, my wife and two daughters) found that they were uncomfortable and specifically, my wife and I both woke up with sore backs each morning. The only other small issue was that the quality/quantity of the provided paper goods. The toilet paper (two rolls supplied) and paper towels was not very good. Not a big deal, but for a little more money, supplying a couple of more rolls of toilet paper and better paper towels would have been appreciated. We ended up buying our own.

Room Tip: A great value for a convenient and clean resort!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank NHSoccerDad
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spent a week here in a 1 bedroom with full kitchen. Beach access directly across the road in front. Clean, well maintained, next door to Salt Rock Grill restaurant. Swimming pool on premises and boat docks as well.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snadolski
bbvr, General Manager at Barefoot Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thanks for taking time to review your recent stay here at Barefoot Beach Resort. We're pleased to hear that you two enjoyed your getaway and our one-bedroom unit.

You are right, the beach is quite spectacular and is so close to the resort. And it's quite convenient to have Salt Rock Grill adjacent to us, isn't it?

We invite you to follow our Facebook Page at Barefoot Beach Resort for updates and reasons to come back - and we hope you'll come back soon!

Have a nice summer...

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I checked out lots of beach front hotels,before booking and thought this looked to be of a good standard at a reasonable cost; I wasn't disappointed. I think the rooms are all 'leased' out to individual owners and the owner furnishes each one individually. Our 2 bedroomed apartment was clean, spacious and well appointed with a full kitchen. The beach was a 2 minute walk away, across a road with a pedestrian crossing, and the basic but adequate pool was fenced and gated. Compared to the price of some of the other beach front hotels our family thought this was a very good hotel with friendly staff!

Room Tip: There are some roadside rooms, I wouldn't like to stay in one. Alternatively the waterside rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Chris B
bbvr, General Manager at Barefoot Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

We sure appreciate having you review our resort with such kind words - thank you so much!

We're glad you enjoyed your 2-bedroom unit and found it of good value. Moreso, we're pleased you found our staff to be friendly, because they truly want your holiday to be a great one!

Hopefully we'll see you back in the near future -- if you'd like ideas, we invite you to follow and contribute to our Facebook page: Barefoot Beach Resort.

Again, many thanks and have a great summer.

Bill Priakos for the Barefoot Gang

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Shores
The Hotel Sol
The Hotel Sol
#1 of 4 in Redington Beach
Prestige Collection Harbourside at Marker 33
Prestige Collection Harbourside ...
#4 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Barefoot Beach Hotel
Barefoot Beach Hotel
#3 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Holiday Isles Resort
Holiday Isles Resort
#12 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Petersburg - Madeira Beach

Been to Barefoot Beach Resort? Share your experiences!