Stayed here Dec. 8-24, 2013, so 16 days total. This has got to be one of the best values anywhere in Florida. I would give it a solid 3 stars out of 5. There is no swimming pool for example, so if they put in a pool, it becomes 4 stars, but it doesnt need a pool, the ocean is right there. If you want 5 stars, go somewhere else and pay $300 a night, but don't come to the Sun Burst, and then bash the hell out of it here on Trip Advisor. This is a budget motel folks, not the Ritz Carlton. As a budget place, it does not get any better than this, On the beach folks, not across the road, down the road, we are talking on the beach, what is that worth to you? We had a full kitchen in our room which saved us money on meals. There is a Winn Dixie close by, and a Publix further away. My only complaint, and I hesitate to say it, because I should have said it in person first, but the mattress in my room was a bit soft and in need of being replaced imo. Great friendly staff, had a great stay, Thanks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Families & pets are always welcome! We want you to relax and enjoy your stay with us. Weddings, renewal of vows and memorials on our beach are welcome. We have had more than one happy event here and, in fact, the owners renewed their vows after over 30 years of marriage. Sun Burst Inn is located in Indian Shores, Florida directly on the beautiful beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. Our hotel is within easy reach of shops, restaurants and all you need for a wonderful vacation experience with a regular bus service at your door step if you need it. Our inn has eleven units, all with either kitchenettes or full kitchens, so it's your choice depending on what you feel you need. All units in our two story beachfront facility are either directly facing the world famous Gulf beaches, or a few steps from the beach. Enjoy Florida at its best the way it used to be: quaint hotels, friendly owners AND with all the modern conveniences. That's what you'll get when you visit The Sun Burst Inn. Pristine white beaches, splashing Gulf waters, and spectacular sunsets. All just steps out your room. Visit us soon and find out what the "real" and "friendly" Florida is all about! Lounge chairs, beach umbrellas, coolers, beach towels & beach toys all supplied with NO RESORT FEE. The Gulf Beach area provides many fun things to do because we are within easy driving range of attractions like Busch Gardens, Clearwater Aquarium (Home of Winter the Dolphin), The Salvador Dali Museum, Lowry Park Zoo and for shopping there's John's Pass Village and the Ellenton Outlet Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sun Burst Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Burst Hotel Indian Shores
- Sun Burst Inn Indian Shores, Florida