We spent four days here in November of 2012 and it was wonderful. I had a little trouble with the type of room I had reserved, but they quickly resolved my problem. It was great to walk right out of the room and be on the beach in 20 seconds and it was less than a minute to get your toes in the Gulf waters! The little tables outside were the perfect place to drink coffee in the morning. The sunset over the ocean was great every day. The room was clean and comfortable. Just a short walk up the street is a really good seafood restaurant. If you need a luxury motel with turn-down service and designer furnishings, then this may not be the place for you. If you want an affordable cozy old fashioned small motel in a terrific location, then you can't beat the Sun Burst Inn. My only complaint is that parking is a little tight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Families & pets are always welcome! We want you to relax and enjoy your stay with us. Weddings, renewal of vows and memorials on our beach are welcome. We have had more than one happy event here and, in fact, the owners renewed their vows after over 30 years of marriage. Sun Burst Inn is located in Indian Shores, Florida directly on the beautiful beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. Our hotel is within easy reach of shops, restaurants and all you need for a wonderful vacation experience with a regular bus service at your door step if you need it. Our inn has eleven units, all with either kitchenettes or full kitchens, so it's your choice depending on what you feel you need. All units in our two story beachfront facility are either directly facing the world famous Gulf beaches, or a few steps from the beach. Enjoy Florida at its best the way it used to be: quaint hotels, friendly owners AND with all the modern conveniences. That's what you'll get when you visit The Sun Burst Inn. Pristine white beaches, splashing Gulf waters, and spectacular sunsets. All just steps out your room. Visit us soon and find out what the "real" and "friendly" Florida is all about! Lounge chairs, beach umbrellas, coolers, beach towels & beach toys all supplied with NO RESORT FEE. The Gulf Beach area provides many fun things to do because we are within easy driving range of attractions like Busch Gardens, Clearwater Aquarium (Home of Winter the Dolphin), The Salvador Dali Museum, Lowry Park Zoo and for shopping there's John's Pass Village and the Ellenton Outlet Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Sun Burst Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Burst Hotel Indian Shores
- Sun Burst Inn Indian Shores, Florida