“De Stress at Sun Burst”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Indian Shores
Alexandria, Virginia
“De Stress at Sun Burst”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We have not been at Sun Burst Inn for a couple of years as our last experience was not as pleasant as previous years. This followed the brief period when Sun Burst was under new mgt. Unknowing that the owners took back running the Inn, we decided to give Sun Burst another chance. From the time we called to the time we left, our exp was outstanding. Friendly staff and nice guest. Even the pets were nice. We arrived late so the Mgr just left our room unlocked and placed keys on the table. You won't get that serive from a big resort. We esp enjoyed having a ¼ mile in each direction of beach to ourselves, as the bigger resorts were further down the beach in both directions. We are planning a longer stay for next year.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask for the Military Discount. They have beach towels and swap out daily....and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MrMichaelFlorida, Owner at Sun Burst Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Hi there;

We are so glad you had such a great time and hope you can come back often to visit!

Michael & Marilyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2012

WOW!!! What a great location. Thank you, Michael and Marilyn for great weekend. The room was clean and everyone that worked at the Inn was friendly and courteous. Veteran owed is a big plus. I highly recommend this property for a weekend retreat or longer vacation. I'll be in touch to book one of the gulf front rooms upstairs for our next stay! Doug and Lori

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MrMichaelFlorida, Owner at Sun Burst Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Hey Doug;

From one Vet to another Vet, thanks for the great review and I hope you come back soon and often!

Michael
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is place to be!! The owners make you feel like family/friends. The hotel is right on the gulf. If you are visiting florida you should stay here, even if you were to have to drive a distant its so worth it. The rates are awesome and you can even get a room with a kitchen fully equipped with dishes. Its very quaint and how beautiful to open the blinds and all you see is the Gulf of Mexico.
They provide lawn chairs and umbrellas that you can take down to the sand too. They are so nice. I will be going back real soon. Oh and dont forget to visit the 40 year old bar across the street. Even if you are not a drinker you have to go do a walk through. Very cool and crazy decor! See you soon Sunburst Inn.. :) Best hotel in Florida..for real. Forget those hoity-toity hotels that are overpriced..Come to Sunburst Inn..You'll see what I mean when you get there! :)
(judy the pillow girl lol)

Room Tip: Get one that faces the Gulf of Mexico for sure :) (yet they are all nice..you are still right on th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Judy M
Hey kiddo;

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Next time though I'm keeping that pillow. It was as soft as my wife's and I DON'T HAVE ONE!!!

See you soon I hope!

Michael & Marilyn
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a great 3 days at the Inn...My room #15 was so pretty and quaint.The staff was very helpful and courteous.A real great bunch of people who couldn't do enough for you.They made you feel very welcomed.The beach was a few feet away and it was beautiful..I would definately recommend this Inn.Its not a 5 star Hotel but its also not a 5 star cost either.The rates are very reasonable for what I call a Fabulous Beach Rental!!! This will definately be a place I will return to every summer from now on!! I Greatly Recommend this beach house..HAVE FUN!!!!!

Room Tip: Quiet time is at 10:00 PM until 8:AM and I really like that..no running or jumping anywhere.AC was a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna W
MrMichaelFlorida, Owner at Sun Burst Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Hi Donna! Just wanted to say thank you for the review. We hope you can come visit us again!
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The rooms are nice its right on the beach the owners r nice the rooms r non smoking but u can smoke right out side room all rooms have tables out side good stay just got back home to jax stayed for 3 days had a good time cooked on grill n evrry thing swam out to the sand bar good trip

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank joshginn
Just wanted to say thank you for the review. We always appreciate the time you took to write it and hope you can come visit us again!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Just back from yet another relaxing stay at the Sun Burst Inn. The Grimes' have spruced up this tourist-friendly property which reflects their devotion to service. My wife and I find the rooms to be comfortable,quiet, bright, a strong A/C,( no small matter for summer visitors),indeed our room had everything we needed in terms of kitchen amenities as well. The room rates are a 'deal,' and with the Gulf waters mere yards from the Inn, we will be back. P.S .On site free parking !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve S
MrMichaelFlorida, Owner at Sun Burst Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thanks for the great review and we hope to see you back soon!
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I waited to book my hotel room in Indian Shores until I got there and am glad I did. I didn't find the Sun Burst Inn on my hotel search sites when 150m miles away, but did when I was having lunch in Indian Shores on my first day there on business. It was Ideal. Clean, comfortable and well equipped room right on the beach. Friendly owners, staff, and other guests. It will be my first choice when I return to Indian Shores.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Mindsmith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Shores
The Hotel Sol
The Hotel Sol
#1 of 4 in Redington Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 4 in Indian Rocks Beach
Barefoot Beach Hotel
Barefoot Beach Hotel
#3 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Barefoot Beach Resort
Barefoot Beach Resort
#1 of 21 in Indian Shores
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Sun Burst Inn? Share your experiences!