We had an upper balcony room. The view was great and I will admit it was nice being right on the beach. However, this place was not at all what I was expecting from all the great reviews it is receiving. I am not sure who cleans the rooms, but there was so much dust on the fans, air conditioners, baseboards. Even dust strings clinging to the wall. The couch was damp. Bathroom was very tiny and the shower and shower curtain were full of mold. Dust and dirt under the beds. I just felt like it wasn't cleaned well. If I noticed the moment I walked in, I don't know why the owners wouldn't take notice or care.
This place was also under construction and that was slightly inconvenient. I honestly felt like it looked "dumpy" throughout the grounds. I just wasn't prepared to vacation in a construction zone, especially for the price.
I would just advise anyone looking to book here to call ahead and see what kind of construction is going on and if your room would be renovated or not.
It was great that there was a fridge, sink and dishes to use. There was a coffee pot in the room, but there were coffee stains on it, indicating to me that it hadn't been washed and wasn't cleaned by the staff prior to our arrival. I was just surprised by what we experienced based on all the reviews for this place, that is why I am giving my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Families & pets are always welcome! We want you to relax and enjoy your stay with us. Weddings, renewal of vows and memorials on our beach are welcome. We have had more than one happy event here and, in fact, the owners renewed their vows after over 30 years of marriage. Sun Burst Inn is located in Indian Shores, Florida directly on the beautiful beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. Our hotel is within easy reach of shops, restaurants and all you need for a wonderful vacation experience with a regular bus service at your door step if you need it. Our inn has eleven units, all with either kitchenettes or full kitchens, so it's your choice depending on what you feel you need. All units in our two story beachfront facility are either directly facing the world famous Gulf beaches, or a few steps from the beach. Enjoy Florida at its best the way it used to be: quaint hotels, friendly owners AND with all the modern conveniences. That's what you'll get when you visit The Sun Burst Inn. Pristine white beaches, splashing Gulf waters, and spectacular sunsets. All just steps out your room. Visit us soon and find out what the "real" and "friendly" Florida is all about! Lounge chairs, beach umbrellas, coolers, beach towels & beach toys all supplied with NO RESORT FEE. The Gulf Beach area provides many fun things to do because we are within easy driving range of attractions like Busch Gardens, Clearwater Aquarium (Home of Winter the Dolphin), The Salvador Dali Museum, Lowry Park Zoo and for shopping there's John's Pass Village and the Ellenton Outlet Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sun Burst Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Burst Hotel Indian Shores
- Sun Burst Inn Indian Shores, Florida