“Great view BAD food!”

The Pub Waterfront Restaurant & Lounge
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Dining, indoor or outdoor deck, 40+ boat slips, enjoy great food, awesome drinks, and atmosphere! Free parking on the street or the docks while you dine. Be sure to call us for large parties.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We are not tourist but when my daughter wanted to eat on the beach for her birthday we picked The Pub because its always crowded so it must be good....right? Save your money, less than mediocre food way overpriced! I don't mind spending good money on good food but what a disappointment! We should have stuck with our local favorite PJ's Oyster Bar, although no view...awesome food I don't mind paying for! Our waiter at the Pub "Jake" was great...their problem is definitely in the kitchen!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Pub is a great waterfront bar/restaurant. Great views and a relaxing time.
We ate here several times during our stay in Indian Rocks. The first few times we were there we had our daughter and her family with us. With two little ones at the table our waitress was great. Their food was served in a basket that was actually a frisbee. Instant souvenir! I recommend the grouper sandwich. It was good. I am pretty much a margarita snob. I hate sour mix. I asked them to make the drink the way I make it with all fresh ingredients and they were spot on. Delish!
The following week we went there with friends that were visiting. Again, I got the grouper sandwich. One friend got the coconut shrimp. He liked them. I think they were about what you would expect anywhere that has them. Again, the drinks did not disappoint. My friend got a special drink with Malibu that was served in a large Malibu bucket. She was a happy girl.
We are going back to the area in a few months and plan on stopping there first. Nothing like a nice drink and a great water view.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Views are nice, and the staff work hard, and were all pleasant, but the food was decidedly average, and overpriced.

Drinks in cheap plastic, yet wine gets served in a glass?

We split a burger that cost $10 and was pretty average, in a not so soft bun.

It was food, that's about the best I can say for it.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Perfect beach spot for food and drinks! We really enjoyed the outdoor patio/bar and watching all the boats pull up to the dock while sipping on our frozen drinks in the coconuts! Great cocktail menu and food was delicious...I recommend the blackened grouper and mahi mahi wrap. Can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I would first like to say our waitress was very polite and in no way responsible for the meal. I did like the view of the waterfront and seating was fine. The problem came with the food. When our meals came the baked potatoes were day old and just warmed over. If anyone has ever cooked a baked potato it is extremely hot and steaming and the taste is outstanding. Ours was however barely warm and rubber like skin. For the price we paid for our food was not worth the price. They need to change their breading on their fried foods. It tasted like plain cornmeal with a sandpaper texture. The shrimp should have been steaming and soft to cut with your fork, but it also was hard which was probably due to over cooking. My husband ate maybe three bites of his Mahi Mahi. He ordered the meal with Shrimp, Mahi Mahi, Scallops which was $20. The waitress asked how everything was and he spoke up and said it was not worth $20 and was very disappointed. She was sweet and I felt sorry for her. We did not take it out on her when we gave our tip. She did a good job being our waitress. We left with over half of our meal left at the table. I'm sorry, but I expect better quality than what was served.

1  Thank Swetstuf