“still satisfing the seafood and steak craving”
Review of Salt Rock Grill

Salt Rock Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This beach landmark is legendary, and it’s still on fire with a burning passion for delectable food, enticing drink and pleasurable surroundings. For an evening of fine dining, elegant atmosphere, superior service and genuine hospitality, Salt Rock Grill is your destination.Come by land or sea and enjoy the finest dining location in Tampa Bay.St. Petersburg Times–"The first modern surf and turf joint on the beaches still packs them in with red-hot, straight-ahead cooking. Steaks are first-rate, lobsters monstrous, wine cellar deep, seafood and fish souped up in spicy broth. The unexpected treats are root vegetables, lentils and smart spicing"
Atlanta, Georgia
“still satisfing the seafood and steak craving”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

the food has been consistent here over the 4 different years i have been here. the service not so much. the raw tower is awesome appetizer. patio is nice

Riviera Beach, Florida
“Pack your patience, but food is excellent”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our birthday-celebrating group of 12 food-loving adults were not happy with the speed of service last Saturday night, but the quality of the food at this lively waterfront grill kept our complaints to a minimum. Although touted for its fresh seafood, several of our party had beef or seafood and beef combinations, and were more than simply satisfied. We started with an assortment of appetizers; the Kingston Trio of chicken, beef, and pork were all perfectly cooked. We always use fried calamari as a measure of quality, and they were just as we'd hoped. All that remained of the bowls of mussels were the shells, but my personal favorite was the medibbean shrimp. I'd have happily made that a main course. Most of us had salads; the house salad was a fresh mix that included several delicious pieces of jicama. My plain grilled red snapper was just that, served with a perfect baked potato. For dessert, I shared an out-of-the-ordinary creme brulee which was truly extraordinarily delicious. Our feeling was that the kitchen, and not the server, was to blame for the fact that we were there for 3 hours, and I would certainly give it another chance.

Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Restraurant In Florida”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This place is a must !!! Whenever were in Clearwater we always make it part of our plans . Definitely make reservations because this is the best place to eat and are very busy every night of the week . The quality of food and service is 5star .They have the best early bird specials 2 for 25$ salad entrée and desert . I love the filet kabob . The steaks are grilled over a woodfire grill and that is the key . My husband goes "Big" with the 2lb steak even though its on the regular menu he says its worth it . We love that its right on the water so it has a nice view . My parents rent a condo In Indian shores for 2 months of the winter , for Christmas we surprised them with a gift certificate ,they were so excited and couldn't wait to get down to Florida , that was an awesome gift .

• Visited February 2013
Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
“In the $hit”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere, $$. Had a wonderful dinner with my family! I had the pan -seared tuna. Both of my kids ate off the kids menu, reasonably priced. However... After the meal my youngest (1.5) needed a diaper change. I took her to the washroom and was disgusted to learn that they don't hav baby changing stations. I inquired with a staff member to make sure I hadn't missed it, maybe in another washroom... She replied no, unapologetically that they don't have baby changing stations. Why offer a kids menu if you aren't going to cater to a smilies other needs?!?! I had to change my daughters poopy diaper in the park beside the restaurant on a bench. I felt like leaving the poopy diaper on their front step, so that maybe they would get the message!

1 Thank Elizabeth A
toronto
“still fantastic”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Since I last wrote a review on this restaurant we have been back many times. We go for Sunday brunch $12.50 for 3 courses and a basket of lovely warm bread with oil and spices. All the entres are delicious. Bring a cooler for the mile high meatloaf to take half home for another meal.We have been there 4 times in the past 6 weeks and the service has been perfect every time.