We are owners at Legacy in Orlando and traded part of our week to be closer to the ocean. We didn't really know what to expect because we had never been to this area of Florida before. We were so pleasantly surprised at how well the property has been maintained. There are ongoing efforts, such as painting, to freshen the property up.
Our family had what is considered a 3 bedroom unit. It is actually a studio room with 2 double beds and a connecting unit that has a king bed in the bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa. It worked out perfectly for our family, because we were travelling with our "almost grown" children (ages 20, 19 & 15). They were able to have their privacy and stay up as late as they wanted without bothering us old folks or the grandbaby.
The staff are excellent!!! The front desk clerks were always accomodating. Melissa, the activities director, is the nicest person I've EVER met. She's so sweet and goes above and beyond her job description to make sure the guests are having a good time.
We were able to sit on our balcony and watch dolphins and manatee in the canal right outside our rooms. On the back balcony we could see the many birds that would perch in the area behind the hotel. The beach was an easy stroll across the street. It has the prettiest white powder sand I've ever seen and gorgeous sunsets that we were able to enjoy almost every evening.
There are a couple things that I would change if given the opportunity. However, they aren't so bad that we won't go back again. There is no free Wi-Fi and there is only one computer in the office that guests can use. But after all, you're on vacation. You don't wanna be tied to the computer all the time anyway. There are no washer and dryers in the unit. There are 2 washers and 2 dryers in the office that can be used by guests at a cost of $1.25 per cycle.
Overall, Lagacy Indian Shores is a great place to stay!! We will trade our Orlando week for Indian Shores again next year and plan to bring friends with us. But as some of the other reviews have stated, this is not a hustling, bustling place. So if you are wanting non-stop action, you won't enjoy this place at all. There are things to do if you make the effort, but this is not a party every night and all day kinda place. And that is what makes it perfect for families like mine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the pristine beauty of Legacy Vacation Resorts Indian Shores. Overlooking the scenic Intracoastal Waterway, our tranquil retreat is just moments from white sand beaches & attractions of Clearwater & Tampa Bay. About the property The resort is perfect for families with its spacious studio, 1 & 2-bedroom suites complete with Free Wi-Fi, and a full kitchen or kitchenette. An outdoor pool, game room & shuffleboard court are on site as well. A boat slip is also available for you to dock during your stay with us (additional fee). Our boat slip can accommodate boats that are up to 28 feet long. All watercrafts can be securely anchored right on the water, so your boat is always ready for a jaunt around the Intracoastal. Once you anchor, you can conveniently walk up the dock and into you suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Legacy Vacation Resorts-Indian Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Vacation Resorts-Indian Shores Hotel Indian Shores
- Celebrity Resort Indian Shores
- Celebrity Hotel Indian Shores
- Legacy Vacation Resorts-Indian Shores Florida