We have recently returned from a three week stay at Sand Dollar, Indian Shores and what a fantastic holiday we all had. We had a large 2 bedroom Gulf Front apartment (over 1400 square feet apparently) and the resort had everything you could wish for.
The staff at the reception were brilliant and whenever we asked for advice or recommendations they were really happy to help.
The pool is a good size and it has a large hot tub. The beach has beautiful white powdery sand and the resort has its own fishing pier for the sole use of its guests.
The gardens are well kept and there are four or five barbecues should you prefer to cook and eat around the pool.
Our two boys aged 13 and 10 spent a lot of time either in the pool or on the beach and quickly worked out that if they dug and played under the shade of the pier it was much more comfortable than being in the blaring heat.
The restaurants in the local area whilst being very affordable served lovely meals and if you enjoy great steaks or seafood you cant go wrong.
All of the condos are privately owned and differ in furnishings and equipment. We got lucky and stayed in Condo 311 which has just been refurbished and is beautiful inside. The balcony is nicely furnished and it even had a washing machine and separate dryer in the condo. The were flat screen televisions in both bedrooms and the theme of furnishings were very beachy. The owner has a guest book and web site where you can preview the Condo called [--]
We could not fault the condo and will definitely be returning. We headed up to the Orlando area for 5 days to visit Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Sea World and had a great time but couldn’t wait to get back to the beach and enjoy the sea breeze.
All in all we had a fantastic time the Condo was great and the staff were first class, we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sand Dollar offers 1, 2, & 3 bedroom condos with private balconies overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico and our white sugar sand beach that goes on for miles! Heated pool, JacuzziTM and private fishing pier serve to make a wonderful holiday. Outdoor barbecue and picnic area with lots of room for family cookouts. COme see why our guests make Sand Dollar their vacation home away from home, year after year! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sand Dollar Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Dollar Condominiums Hotel Indian Shores
- Sand Dollar Condominiums Indian Shores, Florida