My wife and I booked a two-night stay for a non-smoking room on points about a month in advance. We arrived at the hotel around 8:00 on a Saturday evening. The clerk politely informed us that our reservation was ready, but all they had left was a smoking room. We told him that this was unacceptable, as we would both get sick due to allergies. The problem apparently was that an expected check out had decided to stay. He said that he would do what he could to find us other lodging, but that the non-smoking room was a request, not a reservation. I told him that if this was, indeed, true, this would be the last reservation I ever made with Holiday Inns. Whether or not that made a difference, he then proceeded to go the extra mile to find us accommodation - not so easy because of the points issue (we also told him that we couldn't afford to pay an outrageous amount anywhere). After several unsuccessful tries elsewhere, he was able to get his manager to release a room that had been reserved for early check-in, but with no arrival as yet (again, this was at 8:00 p.m.). I hope we didn't screw someone else out of their room, but we were in! I'm sorry I didn't get the clerk's name, but we really appreciated his efforts.
The hotel is pretty cool. The top dollar rooms face a marina on the Intercoastal Waterway, while the rest (like ours) face inward toward an atrium that runs the length of the hotel. The atrium has a cool putt-putt golf course, although we didn't have time to play. Our room was fairly small, but adequate for a place to sleep. It had mini refridgerator, but no microwave. The bathroom was not huge, but decent. Jimmy Guana's is a restaurant right in the hotel. They serve a good breakfast and a decent dinner. There is free parking underneath the building. The hotel has two pools, one of which appears to be "quiet", while the other has lots of stuff for kids.
The hotel is off the main street, and is a three block walk from beach access. I wouldn't mind staying here again when we have time to linger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn and Suites Harbourside Clearwater South! Enjoy your family vacation, business meeting, wedding, or social gathering at our 15 acre tropical Key West style waterfront resort. We are centrally located between Clearwater Beach and St Pete Beach, directly on the Intracoastal Waterway, in the heart of the quaint and charming community of Indian Rocks Beach. We are a short walk to the pristine beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. We are conveniently located next door to Splash Harbour Water Park and do offer discount tickets and packages for the water park. Boaters, fishermen and vacationers alike, enjoy our 50 slip marina where you can dock your boat, rent a boat, go on a chartered fishing trip, and dolphin and sunset tours. Unwind with a tropical drink and a great meal at Jimmy Guana's Waterfront Bar and Grill, where you can enjoy nightly tropical drink specials and live entertainment. Family's love our miniature golf course and game room. We have suites for every budget and size, from economical courtyard rooms, convenient studios, sunset and marina view suites to luxury 1200 sq. Ft. Condo villas. Connecting rooms, long term rentals and group rates are available. Our Key West Conference Center is the perfect tropical location for events, weddings and meetings with over 4,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible space for functions up to 250. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Indian Rocks Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach Holiday Inn