My wife and I stayed here as part of a 35th anniversary trip to the Gulf coast. We have stayed here before in a standard room, which are perfectly good hotel rooms, and booked the same again but when we arrived,the manager Charles, on the front desk, chatted to us and found out and gave us a free upgrade to a marina villa suite overlooking the intracoastal.
This was NOT a hotel room and was more like a luxury apartment. Huge lounge/diner with full kitchen and large flat screen TV. Patio doors lead us onto a double size decked balcony with table and chairs. The UPSTAIRS bedroom over looked the lounge and had a huge kingsize bed and another large flat screen TV. There was on en-suite with jacuzzi bath, separate walk in shower and his and hers wash basins. After we had unpacked we went back down to thank Charles for what he had done and he gave us some vouchers for free drinks at the bar!
The hotel itself is very clean and has all the facilities you would expect to find in a resort style hotel. The housekeeping staff work very hard and every day we came back there was a towel or two made into the shape of an animal.
There were two pools and my wife and I used the smaller pool next to the conference centre and were on our own for the three times we went there. The beach is a block away and one of our favorite casual diners, Crabby Bills, is just outside the parking lot.
Once again, THANK YOU Charles for making this trip extra special.
Bill and Pam Carr
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn and Suites Harbourside Clearwater South! Enjoy your family vacation, business meeting, wedding, or social gathering at our 15 acre tropical Key West style waterfront resort. We are centrally located between Clearwater Beach and St Pete Beach, directly on the Intracoastal Waterway, in the heart of the quaint and charming community of Indian Rocks Beach. We are a short walk to the pristine beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. We are conveniently located next door to Splash Harbour Water Park and do offer discount tickets and packages for the water park. Boaters, fishermen and vacationers alike, enjoy our 50 slip marina where you can dock your boat, rent a boat, go on a chartered fishing trip, and dolphin and sunset tours. Unwind with a tropical drink and a great meal at Jimmy Guana's Waterfront Bar and Grill, where you can enjoy nightly tropical drink specials and live entertainment. Family's love our miniature golf course and game room. We have suites for every budget and size, from economical courtyard rooms, convenient studios, sunset and marina view suites to luxury 1200 sq. Ft. Condo villas. Connecting rooms, long term rentals and group rates are available. Our Key West Conference Center is the perfect tropical location for events, weddings and meetings with over 4,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible space for functions up to 250. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Indian Rocks Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach Holiday Inn