“Best vacation we ever had.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Upon arriving we were treated very very nice by the hotel clerk , who checked us in very quickly with no problems. The room was spacious and clean and was right across from Jimmy Guanas Bar and grill. We didn't have to walk far for our meals and at night they had entertainment and sing a longs at the outside bar. The pools were clean and the employees were very friendly and helpful. The location was great, it was in walking distance to Crabby Bills, the beach and there was a CVS right down the street. We had rented a car for the week and didn't even use it because everything was so close. Very relaxing, would recommend this hotel highly .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bigoldbiker
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed there one night while on recent business trip. Nice hotel two blocks from the beach (about 10 minutes walk). Being a platinum member they upgraded me to a very nice room with full kitchen, living room, and bedroom in the loft upstairs. There is parking right under the hotel. There is a restaurant on premisses with bar with some live music. The only complain I have is that I was not allowed to take pool towels or any other towels to the beach ('because sand ruins them"). A bit of inconvenience since most people will not come with their own towels there. Probably will not come again just because of it - there are other hotels in the area with better policies.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I spent Labor Day weekend at the hotel for my friend's wedding. It was a great place, fun vibe. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. All the staff members I encountered were very friendly. The only reason I can't give 5 stars is because the "adult pool" had several kids. Overall, it was a great trip and a great place to stay.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I booked a two night stay Thursday and Friday nights prior to Labor day weekend. It was a gamble but I went through a "third party site" as the hotel stated grudgingly when we checked in. I paid for an upgrade, through the third party site, once I found out where the hotel would be and was happy with it. I was all excited! Until check in that is, when instead of getting the keys to a suite with a decent view, I got a regular room with no view. We went to the office and they gave us a new "studio" room, still with no view. This is not what I paid for, I paid for a suite. However, I was told it would be another $75 per night to "upgrade". I should have not had to upgrade again. Thankfully, the booking site gave me a partial refund due to the, "original terms of the contract not being upheld". I enjoyed my trip and it was a unique hotel, but the fact that I didn't get what I paid for makes me leery of going back again. I really didn't expect anything to happen when I called the booking site and was calm and thankful that something was done. I was more worried about future guests, through booking sites. If a hotel works with these sites to draw business to them, that would not otherwise know about the hotel, the hotels need to hold up their end of the deal.

Room Tip: Make sure to take a copy of your booking receipt with you at check in to make sure you get what you...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sara L
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our stay was lovely. The room was clean & spacious. The staff, especially Rebecca & Megan were very helpful & kind. the food in the restaurant was delicious! I recommend the skillet breakfast. All of the staff in every area were very personable & helpful. The pool was a huge hit with my grandchildren when they came to visit. It was really nice to be able to have use of the facilities even after we had checked out. The spa pool area has showers & made the trip home much more comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having read some poor reviews we were apprehensive about staying here but we were pleasantly surprised. From the outside the hotel is lovely it overlooks the water and some amazing yachts and has such character like an old wooden boathouse. Check in staff were friendly and very helpful changing us to a room with a water view with no quibbles. The rooms are a bit dated- clean but by no means modern. The pool area was spotless and was not at all busy- so no need to reserve beds! We ate in the restaurant one night and it was ok- our server was exceptionally rude and this spoilt our dining experience but did not put us off the hotel. Situation wise this hotel is perfect- a gentle five minute stroll will have you on the beautiful beach and there are a handful of really lovely restaurants also within a few minutes walking distance. My only concern is the hotels plans to build an on site water park and holiday inn express for 2014 which may spoil the tranquility of the hotel and the resort! However I would definitely return to Indian Rocks!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'm local, but stay here often for a break as I can relax at the pool or walk across the street to the beach. I was given a beautiful room on this stay that far exceeds my expectations. The staff at the desk have consistently been friendly, helpful and accommodating. The pool facilities are amazing (I visit frequenty even when I don't stay here) and the Jimmy Guana's/Rum Runners staff are the best on the beach. Nick and Lindsey always take great care of me. This is the best place to stay if you want to get out of the craziness of Clearwater and St. Pete Beach.

• Stayed: August 2013
Sandpearl Resort
#7 of 98 in Clearwater
Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside

Address: 401 Second Street, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785
Location: United States > Florida > Indian Rocks Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Rocks Beach
Price Range: $141 - $265 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside 3*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn and Suites Harbourside Clearwater South! Enjoy your family vacation, business meeting, wedding, or social gathering at our 15 acre tropical Key West style waterfront resort. We are centrally located between Clearwater Beach and St Pete Beach, directly on the Intracoastal Waterway, in the heart of the quaint and charming community of Indian Rocks Beach. We are a short walk to the pristine beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. We are conveniently located next door to Splash Harbour Water Park and do offer discount tickets and packages for the water park. Boaters, fishermen and vacationers alike, enjoy our 50 slip marina where you can dock your boat, rent a boat, go on a chartered fishing trip, and dolphin and sunset tours. Unwind with a tropical drink and a great meal at Jimmy Guana's Waterfront Bar and Grill, where you can enjoy nightly tropical drink specials and live entertainment. Family's love our miniature golf course and game room. We have suites for every budget and size, from economical courtyard rooms, convenient studios, sunset and marina view suites to luxury 1200 sq. Ft. Condo villas. Connecting rooms, long term rentals and group rates are available. Our Key West Conference Center is the perfect tropical location for events, weddings and meetings with over 4,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible space for functions up to 250. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater