I picked this hotel for a one-night stay based on its discounted rate from one of the hotel booking sites...what a neat find! It is indeed not new but very Jimmy Buffet-like in atmosphere. It has the potential to be noisy because the rooms open onto a verandah-like wooden sidewalk that skirts all the rooms and yes, you can hear people walking by, but only sometimes! The upside to this is its quaintness. The rooms open onto the inside courtyard in which there is mini golf and access to other amenities. The restaurant and bar, outdoor and indoor, is down at one end. We were given coupons for free drinks at check-in, so we went. Next morning I learned at the restaurant that there were also coupons for breakfast, which we did not have, but breakfast there was fast and efficient and delicious anyway, in a room well decorated with hanging fish and other Florida-type artifacts. The hotel room (we had two) was comfortable, nice TV, beds, linens, etc. There were three of us in one room and we were okay. The hotel backs onto a marina which gives it a nice ambience, and you can easily walk to a nice public beach, great for shells and sitting and strolling. My daughter went running on the beach. Parking was very convenient, covered, beneath the hotel, accessible by fast elevator. We would have liked to have hung around more but we had to get on our way. I would like to stay again for a bit longer and soak up more of the atmosphere. It was fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn and Suites Harbourside Clearwater South! Enjoy your family vacation, business meeting, wedding, or social gathering at our 15 acre tropical Key West style waterfront resort. We are centrally located between Clearwater Beach and St Pete Beach, directly on the Intracoastal Waterway, in the heart of the quaint and charming community of Indian Rocks Beach. We are a short walk to the pristine beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. We are conveniently located next door to Splash Harbour Water Park and do offer discount tickets and packages for the water park. Boaters, fishermen and vacationers alike, enjoy our 50 slip marina where you can dock your boat, rent a boat, go on a chartered fishing trip, and dolphin and sunset tours. Unwind with a tropical drink and a great meal at Jimmy Guana's Waterfront Bar and Grill, where you can enjoy nightly tropical drink specials and live entertainment. Family's love our miniature golf course and game room. We have suites for every budget and size, from economical courtyard rooms, convenient studios, sunset and marina view suites to luxury 1200 sq. Ft. Condo villas. Connecting rooms, long term rentals and group rates are available. Our Key West Conference Center is the perfect tropical location for events, weddings and meetings with over 4,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible space for functions up to 250. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Indian Rocks Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach Holiday Inn