“Great meal, casual atmosphere, quick service”

Keegan's Seafood Grille
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Keegan's Seafood Grille has been an Indian Rocks Beach tradition and a favorite of the locals since 1985, committed to serving the freshest local products available at a reasonable price .We are a casual family friendly restaurant a short walk from the beach. Recently Keegan's was featured on the Food Network show " Diners, Drive-ins and Dives " for its innovative seafood dishes. Don’t forget to check out our daily fresh fish specials and our extensive kids menu. So come to Where the Locals Eat at Keegan's Seafood Grille!
Gainesville, Florida
“Great meal, casual atmosphere, quick service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Ate here on a holiday weekend. After a short wait for a table, they quickly seated us and the service throughout was quick and efficient. For a beachy/casual restaurant the food/price were fantastic. The blackened grouper was excellent. My wife loved the shrimp leones. Will definitely be back when in the area.

• Visited July 2014

Indian shores
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Keegan's is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Keegan's is so good I went there with my family and got the snow crab it was really good. But the calamari seems like it's not cooked they need to work on that a little our server was great though so over all it's a great atmosphere although the wait is to long so I'm wondering if it's even worth it

Houston, Texas
“Not what I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We saw this nestled in a strip plaza on the beach and assumed that it would be your run of the mill beach dive. When we walked in, I was convinced I was right until the food came. I have to say that you should not judge a book by its cover. The food was marvelous and big portions at that. The place could use a paint job and some repairs (especially to the front door that doesn't close), but the food is worth the trip.

• Visited June 2014
St. Petersburg, Fla.
“Fish the way fish should taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

On the recommendation of a friend, we tried Keegans a few years ago and were really unimpressed. But a couple of months ago, we were having trouble finding a place to eat and decided to give Keegans another try and we're both really grateful that we did.

The first time we went back, I had the lobster roll special and my wife had the blackened grouper sandwich, and both were perfect. I loved the lobster roll, but, truth be told, when I had a bite of her grouper sandwich, I knew that's what I'd be having the next time we went there.

So we returned a couple of weeks ago, starting with a fair-to-middling coconut shrimp and then we each had the blackened grouper sandwich. The sandwich doesn't come with pickle slices, but I got a few extra on the side. And let me tell you, those sandwiches were again perfect. Whoever is in the kitchen at Keegans understands that blackened doesn't mean burned beyond recognition. Just a guess, but I'm guessing that they use their own blackening seasoning.

One thing, don't let the location in a small strip center fool you. This is a place that belongs to be on the beach. You know that here, you're getting the absolute freshest fish that you can get. One good thing, this isn't a fancy place. You're welcome here even if you're in shorts and a T-shirt and you've just come from the beach.

Go to Keegans to relax and get some of the best food along the beaches. You'll thank me for it.

• Visited June 2014
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Good Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Like Keegan's for everything they have on the menu. Sit at the small bar and carry out. Staff is very nice and attentive. Go to Keegan's

Visited March 2014