“Wow! Loved this place!”

Keegan's Seafood Grille
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Keegan's Seafood Grille has been an Indian Rocks Beach tradition and a favorite of the locals since 1985, committed to serving the freshest local products available at a reasonable price .We are a casual family friendly restaurant a short walk from the beach. Recently Keegan's was featured on the Food Network show " Diners, Drive-ins and Dives " for its innovative seafood dishes. Don’t forget to check out our daily fresh fish specials and our extensive kids menu. So come to Where the Locals Eat at Keegan's Seafood Grille!
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We went for dinner on December 2. This place is popular with the locals, and with good reason! I had one of their specials, the fish and chips, and boy was it yummy! Perfectly beer battered, great fries, mouth watering cole slaw. My brother had the oysters Rockefeller and the gumbo and he was in heaven...loved both dishes. My Mom had the grilled grouper and she also said it was delicious! Keegan's is casual, so if you are looking for a romantic evening, white tablecloths, and the like, this is not the place. We had dinner in a romantic restaurant nearby earlier in our trip, and it was a bit pricier, and the food was good, but I enjoyed my meal at Keegan's much more! The price is right too.
Can't wait to return to Indian Rocks beach...first place I will go is Keegan's!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Went here for lunch on our first day of week in Florida. Got the blackened grouper sandwich. the fist was fresh and tasty but I should have just gotten it grilled. It was a tad burnt. The sweet tea was great though - one of the best sweet teas i had in florida. Nice outdoor seating. Waitress was very good.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The wahoo is a strong fighting fish, famed among anglers for its rapid first pass. Tonight at Keegan's smothered in hickory molasses, topped with fresh roasted corn and tomato salsa, drizzled with chipotle lime aioli and baked on a cedar plank, it was far less agile. Tired I would say, and only tasted of hickory molasses, salsa, aioli and cedar, although most of my taste buds were occupied with the roasted garlic and green onion mash that made up its bed. I don't know what Gordon Ramsay would have made of this, but I suspect he might have put in a plea to let the fish tell its own story.

Keegan's is a funky Mom 'n' Pop joint that is constantly busy serving this tangy home made fayre and to be fair, is way better than much else around. Just south there is Crabby (sic) Bill's, and further north is the desert of Clearwater, home to L R Hubbard and his crew. You will need stronger stomachs to venture there.

1  Thank julianmoseley
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My lunchtime Experiance at this DDD one time stop was not too shabby.
The buffalo grouper sandwich was fine and the cheese fried shrimp were
As good a seafood treat as I have had in quite a while. The strip mall
Storefront was decorated as well as one probably could and the menu
Quite extensive. The surprise was the house made Datil pepper sauce.
Bought five bottles for Christmas presents. The staff was friendly and
The place was not full at lunch but about half full for a Thursday in November
On Indian Rocks Beach.

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I had crab legs and they were perfectly cooked. My husband had crab cakes that he said were light and flavorful with a nice crust and texture. He really enjoyed the Cole slaw as well, and thought people that aren't big Cole slaw fans would like it as well. I wanted another lb of crabs it was so good, even though I was so full from the first lb. You cannot get a crab dinner anywhere near where we live like I had here, especially for the price. we would be back often if we lived here.