TripAdvisor
Indian Rocks Beach
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great service and fantastic food.”
Review of TJ's Italian Cafe

TJ's Italian Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TJ's Italian Cafe Restaurant ~ Indian Rocks Beach Locals say, TJ's Italian Cafe combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. Whether your on vacation or looking for a vacation from the everyday life, come dine with us today! Italian ~ Seafood ~ Pasta ~ Pizza We deliver 7days a week.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The title says it all...cannot add anything to stress the point further.
Stopped in past on the way back from Clearwater purely because there was a break in the traffic! Sometimes you just get lucky and this was one of ours.

The choices on the menu are lengthy and take a few minutes to choose, this is not a criticism, but you will feel hungry and ready to eat by the time you've read it through.

We chose a wide selection and everything was cooked, and presented, to perfection. However, when we go back we're all having the Gamberoni Basilico.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (454)

Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

I ordered delivery on Monday after a long day at work. I was famished and just wanted something quick and delishicious. 40 minutes later I received the best chicken piccata ive ever had. Everything was hot even the bread they served was warm and fresh. Shelby was more than accommodating on the phone and recommended the cheese ravioli as an appetizer which was amazing.

Reviewed September 16, 2019

I'm a local and live in Indian Shores. I got home from work on a Sunday and was exhausted. I decided to have dinner delivered. I went on the internet and pulled up TJs menu. I called and placed my order and figured it would cost around $23. She totaled it up and it came to $34. I questioned it and she said their website must be wrong. She didn't offer to adjust it but I ordered anyway. She told me for delivery it would be 40 minutes or less. After 1hr and 15 minutes it still hadn't arrived. She said with no apology or remorse that the delivery guy was still in Sand Key and hadn't even picked my food up yet. Which told me my food was sitting there under a heat lamp. I cancelled. I find it impossible that they didn't realize the website pricing was wrong! People on vacation and us locals always pull menus up online to order! Very disappointing with the whole situation. What a shame!

Date of visit: September 2019
TJsItalianCafe, Owner at TJ's Italian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Christine, we are very sorry you had a negative experience recently at TJ's. We understand your frustration as 3rd party websites can often have outdated/incorrect information. We always have our updated menu on our website at http://tjsitaliancafe.com/menu/. We recommend that our customers always use our site for up to date menu pricing.

Frequently we have specials on our menu that come and go, and we apologize if you saw an incorrect menu item. Please be sure to call the restaurant to check specials of the day when placing an order, as the specials menu can change day-to-day.

Another thing I would like to clear up is that we do not use heat lamps on our food. Everything is made fresh to order! Your food would have been prepared as the delivery driver was closer. We hope you have a better experience, should you give us another try.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Enjoyed a great meal with my wife and 4 daughters whilst on vacation. Classic food but very well put together. Really tasty and well priced. Mains great but pudding was overpriced. Overall good experience.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

Kept passing by "saying need to stop at TJ Italian restaurant," well we did and differently going back, when you do ask for Sheri, she was absolutely great server and person. We ordered the "Main lobster ravioli & Sorrentino," just yummy, the salad dressing was made from scratch, warm bread, all of the food was cooked perfectly. Now I'm hungry. A must stop, relax and enjoy.

Date of visit: August 2019