“Good food, but not great for kids”
Review of TJ's Italian Cafe

TJ's Italian Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TJ's Italian Cafe Restaurant ~ Indian Rocks Beach Locals say, TJ's Italian Cafe combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. Whether your on vacation or looking for a vacation from the everyday life, come dine with us today! Italian ~ Seafood ~ Pasta ~ Pizza We deliver 7days a week.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were recommended this restaurant from a friend and the food did not disappoint. My husband had the chicken cordon bleu and I had the saltimboca. It would've been fine on a date night but we had our kids with us and although they had kids portions, I was surprised they didn't have a kid's pizza option. It was a bit pricey on that note but it didn't ruin the evening. Just a bit wasteful since we were on vacation and had no place to put our leftovers. So we wasted a lot of food unnecessarily since I had to order a whole small pizza (which was huge) for my son. The initial wait to be seated and get menus was a bit long, especially considering it was not busy at all, but once we got our waitress, she was attentive and very nice. Perhaps it is just me, but, I was a little disappointed with the sides we were served with our entree. Mashed potatoes and over cooked broccoli, carrot and cabbage medley. Not really my idea of Italian and for the price we paid for our entree I expected some asparagus or at least fresh veggies. I would go again but order the pizza.

4  Thank MomLuv2vacation

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Really nice atmosphere, good service and GREAT food. Been going every year for the last 4 years or so. This time I tried the mussels and they were delicious. The pizza is always great. Other guests had Veal Marsala, loved it. Eggplant rollanti - the best. Good prizes too. BTW the pizza here beats Slyce's by 1000% percent.

2  Thank DKAP
Reviewed July 20, 2014

ordered the blackened tuna,extra spicy,best I've ever had including many trips to new orleans.service was great as usual,sports on the big screen in bar.upscale feeling while still casual,this is my favorite place on the beach....highly recommended.

2  Thank bscott66
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Bruschetta - poor caesar salad - perfunctory fish - grouper tasteless coffee - no cappuccino.

Whoever heard of an italian restaurant with no cappuccino?

fly problem irritating

2  Thank BRYAN F
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with our meal. The food exceeded our expectations. We dined with our toddler that evening and our server was very attentive to our needs (menu tips, offering to bring our daughter's meal first, etc...). It was a nice break from the typical beach place. It felt upscale, but was very approachable. The fettuccine Alfredo was excellent.

2  Thank ZannieP